ch. 33

AFTER a gruesome sixteen hours, they had finally all arrived at the villain's palace

many people were waving at the carriage and applauding, knowing that their prince has finally returned. knights stood outside the castle with musicians playing their instruments.

kurogiri opened the carriage door, having tomura step out first. tomura then extended his hand out towards nanako, who took and stepped out the carriage right after.

the crowd went silent. many thoughts and whispers were spread.

"prince tomura brought a lady home??"

"he's not going to kill her is he??"

"I think she's the rumored bratty princess from the hero's kingdom!!"

"are they married??"

"how'd this happen?!"

tomura and nanako kept walking, with their people following behind. as soon as they entered the palace walls, the noise from outside deceased. but when the maids and butlers saw, they started up again.

once they all reached the main room, nanako saw the all mighty all for one sitting on his throne....made of skulls.

'interesting...', nanako thought.

"I see you're back, tomura", all for one said. his voice was deep and booming.

"and I see you've brought princess nanako here", he said, looking over at nana.

"greetings father", tomura said in a polite tone. a tone that nanako and the rest were definitely not used to.

"greetings king one for all. my mother told me to send her best regards to you", nanako spoke up, bowing.

"ah. when you go back, do tell her to come visit more often. it's been a while since we've seen each other", all for one said.

'yeah and I wonder why? your head literally looks like a potato', nanako thought as she put on a smile.

"anyways, go rest up. I'm sure your trip here was long, and you two can join me for dinner in a bit", all for one said.

tomura and nanako excused themselves, leaving with their servants following behind them, except kurogiri.

"kurogiri. I thought you said it was princess momo that was to inherit the throne. so why did tomura bring princess nanako?", all for one asked, his friendly tone immediately dropping after they left.

"sire, it seems that prince tomura has taken a liking to princess nanako. although I don't see what's so special about her, he seems to be very set on not marrying anyone else but her at the moment", kurogiri informed.

"hm. we'll see how she handles staying here for a while", all for one said as he stared at where nanako was standing before she left.

all for one sighed. he knew what was best for tomura and that girl, was definitely not it.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov.:**:.☆*.:。.✿

I looked at my room. it was ordered to be right next to tomura's. mina and I shared a room since I didn't want to be totally alone at some place I wasn't familiar with.

shinso, kaminari, and chisaki shared a room. although chisaki has his own mansion, since he was still a marquess in the villain kingdom, I wanted him to reside here in the palace.

mina and I settled into our room, putting our clothes into the empty closet.

"nanako. I'm kind of worried...", mina quietly said, not wanting any unknown people to hear.

"why? is something wrong?", I asked, as I continued unfolding my clothes.

"I'm not entirely sure...but king all for one gives me chilly vibes...", mina said.

I sighed. "don't tell tomura this, but I get that feeling too. I feel that he doesn't like me, despite what he said earlier", I said.

"we must be careful nanako. after all, this is not our home kingdom and it's run by men", mina warned.

I nodded as I changed into a simple black gown, getting ready for dinner.

when we arrived at the dining hall, all for one sat at the edge of the long table. a maid pulled out tomura's chair as another one pulled out mine. as we seated next to each other, dabi, mina and the rest stood behind us.

"excuse me king all for one, but is it possible for my companions and tomura's to join us for dinner?", I nicely asked. mina and the rest had a long trip and I definitely didn't want them to starve while we ate.

I looked over at dabi, who looked like air had just been punched out of him. kurogiri scoffed. "I'm sorry princess nanako, but unlike your kingdom—"

all for one lifted a hand up. "why of course. the more the merrier right? you, go get the rest plates and utensils", he said as he pointed at a random maid.

the maid quickly scurried away, following all for one's orders.

"thank you, your majesty", I said while giving him a smile. mina seated next to me, then shinso, kaminari, and chisaki. kurogiri, dabi, spinner, toga, and twice seated in front of us, across the table.

as food was served, there was no talking. silence filled the room, very different from when I had dinner with my family and friends.

no one dared to speak up until all for one did himself.

"so, princess nanako, how are your mother and sisters doing?", all for one asked as he began cutting his steak.

"mother's fine. and sister momo is getting married soon, to one of my really good friends. sister itsuka...she's doing well too", I said, hesitating in saying itsuka's name.

"I see...and I heard that your sister, princess momo, is going to inherit the throne, is that correct?", all for one asked.

"yes, she is", I answered honestly. there was no point in lying to him. I had already figured out tomura's original plan in coming to the hero's kingdom. so if all for one is pissed that tomura isn't marrying momo, there was nothing I could do but to see how the rest played out.

"congratulations to her for the throne and the wedding then. also speaking of wedding...I've been thinking of tomura marriage's as soon as he turned eighteen", all for one started.

I tensed at the mention of that. gripping my utensils tighter, I felt a hand on my leg. I glanced over at tomura, who was eating with his right hand. I slipped my left hand in his, as I held my fork with my right. even though it was a little awkward, it felt comforting.

"is that so?", I answered, not sure where all for one was going with this conversation.

"indeed. as you probably already figured out, tomura here was suppose to marry the princess that was going to inherit the throne", all for one said.

tomura stiffened up. I looked over at tomura who seemed to look fearful for the first time ever. his red eyes seemed to waver as he continued to eat.

'is mr.potato head really that scary?'