ch. 45

"KING tomura, please reconsider! princess nanako is not fit to be the queen!!", one of tomura's advisors said

tomura was annoyed. he's been telling them for 5 minutes straight that he will not accept anyone else but nanako.

"why not marry one of our daughters then princess nanako? she could be one of your consorts", another one stated.

nanako entered just in time. if the advisors continued any further, dabi wasn't sure he'd be able to keep tomura calm any longer.

"w-what're you doing here?! it's been tradition that the queen is the only woman allowed in a king's court!", one of the advisors reprimanded.

"she's my fiancé, thus, the future queen. I allowed her to be here", tomura said.

"advisor daizō, are you telling me to share what's mine?", nanako said as she entered through the side door. everyone's attention was on the young princess. despite not approving her, they could definitely agree that she was a beauty.

"my apologies princess nanako, however king tomura needs someone that can serve him by his side", daizō said. "and not someone who's so...", he hesitated.

"so what? advisor daizō? rambunctious? bratty? unworthy of your king?!", nanako questioned.

advisor daizō immediately bowed. "n-no! that's not what I meant princess. please, forgive me if I came off that way!! it's just..."

"it's just that perhaps king tomura could use someone who's more calm, to stand beside him. we're not objecting you two's marriage. it's just that perhaps king tomura could marry another woman first", another advisor said.

"I told you, I'm not—". tomura was cut off by nanako's stare.

turning her attention back to the advisors, nana spoke again.

"advisor nobuyoshi, tell me, what is it that you think I lack?", nanako questioned.

"femininity". a short answer was given.

"oh? and why's that?", nana asked, not surprised by the answer.

"princess nanako, if I may ask", advisor daizō said.

"go on". tomura just sat back and enjoyed the show. nanako was about to destroy them and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't going to enjoy it.

"might I dare ask, can you cook?", daizō questioned.

"why would I need to when both our kingdoms are full of people who are willing to serve us?", nana responded.

"then can you dance?", advisor nobuyoshi asked.

"I can dance with a sword. although usually it's called dueling", nanako joked, making dabi snort and tomura smirk.

the advisors started whispering amongst themselves. "then can you raise a proper child?", another advisor asked.