ch. 19

"N-NANAKO!! C-CHISAKI!! HE'S D-DEAD!!", midoriya yelled as he entered nana's chambers

nanako spit out her tea, spraying bakugo in the face by accident. they were playing chess and he was unfortunate enough to be at the receiving end of the spit.

"w-what??", nanako got up, stumbling a bit.

nanako said he was going to die today but she didn't actually think it would've happened. she was half joking in a sense, but now, she regretted everything she said.

"t-take me to h-him", nana said, wavering.

midoriya complied and helped nanako up, taking her to where chisaki was. bakugo followed behind, along with shinso, kaminari, and kirishima. mina and ochako stayed in nanako's room since they didn't deal very well with deaths.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

I walked over towards chisaki's bed, where he laid. I checked for his breathing. no pulse.

my hand covered my mouth, tears starting to spill from my eyes. tomura, dabi, and another man stood next to me.

tomura patted my back gently, to which I had engulfed him into a hug. he seemed somewhat stiff from the physical contact but that was the least of my concerns right now.

sobbing into his chest, he slowly stroked my hair, trying to calm me down.

the man next to tomura was about to touch chisaki before I stopped him.

"stop! todoroki and midoriya...t-take care of the body. y-you both know what to do with it", I sniffled as I looked at them.

they both nodded before carrying chisaki's body away.

"are you okay now? would you like to have some tea to help calm down?", tomura asked in a quiet voice.

you must say you were somewhat surprised that tomura could be considerate. not in the mood to reject some tea, you nodded, accepting his invitation.

"kurogiri, set up the tea and bring it to my room", tomura commanded.

"yes sire".

arriving at tomura's chambers, dabi, kirishima, bakugo, shinso, and kaminari followed.

sitting down on the couch, tomura sat next to me, seeming to be observing me.

"you four can go now", I said, looking up at them with teary eyes. they hesitated before bowing and exiting the room.

"you too, dabi", tomura said. dabi nodded before exiting along with the other knights.