ch. 34

NANAKO'S hand was sweating profusely

NANAKO'S hand was sweating profusely. to the point that she felt gross and let get of tomura's hand, making him slightly pout.

"I think tomura should marry whoever makes him happy", nanako bravely said.

the entire table including all the servants that were currently in the room, held their breath. they were sure that princess nanako had just shortened her life by a whole ton.

even tomura thought she was going to die right then and there. never has he ever heard someone stand up to all for one, much or less, speak to him in such a way.

all for one chuckled, making everyone's blood run cold.

"indeed. you're right, princess nanako. after all, what matters is that tomura's happy, right?"

nanako nodded, feeling a sudden coldness in the air. to say she was intimidated was an understatement. even the prideful bakugo would be able to feel how powerful this man was, if he were here.

"say, nanako. is it alright I call you that?" without another heartbeat, nanako let out a dry, "sure".

"haha, good. you're a special one. if I recall, the last woman who tried to touch tomura got her hand cut off. tomura, you still have the hands, correct?", all for one asked causally.

tomura replied, his voice wavering. "y-yes father". tomura took a peek at nanako, worried about what she'd think of him now. that was him before meeting nanako though. he would never dare to even think of chopping nanako's hands off and putting it on display.

"well...I'm glad tomura has a hobby", nanako said, trying her best to not let the steak resurface. although she was scared out of her wits, that didn't stop her from making a stupid comment.

if they weren't in the presence of all for one, dabi would've snorted along with kaminari and mina.

nanako turned her head to look at tomura. seeing tomura grip his pants tightly, nana placed her hand on top of his, to reassure him. tomura turned his palm facing up, so their fingers could intertwine.

" I must say, you're an interesting one. how about we play a game?", all for one suggested.

tomura immediately tensed up. "f-father. perhaps I can play a game with you instead of nanako", tomura offered.

"tomura. I wasn't talking to you", all for one rudely said. "now, nanako, how about it?"

"u-um...what game would you like to play, your majesty?", nanako hesitantly asked, not sure if she even wanted to know.

"a game of real life chess!", all for one exclaimed.

"oh. yeah, sure", nanako agreed. a small kick was felt under the table. nanako looked at tomura. he gave her a warning look.

"perfect!" all for one clapped his hands together. "then we shall have a match at the end of the week. loser gives what the winner wants".

"alright then", nanako said as everyone was trying to process what just happened.

"however, I must warn you nanako, I'm very good at putting people in positions they don't want to be in", all for one said as he moved on to his dessert.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. tea .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

"nanako, are you insane?!", tomura asked as most of them were all gathered in nanako's room.

"nanako, I must warn you. all for one isn't the king of villains just because. he earned his title for a reason", chisaki warned.

"and even after I told you to be careful", mina sighed.

"what's wrong with a game of chess?", nana asked.

"it's real life chess nanako. even though I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that, there must be a catch", shinso reasoned.

"do you even know how to play chess??", kaminari questioned.

"obviously! I'm a pro at it!", nanako boasted proudly.

"maybe we should practice", dabi suggested.

"yeah, let's take turns playing chess with nanako everyday for a few hours so that she can hone her skills", tomura said, agreeing with dabi for the first time ever.

"EVERYDAY?! for HOURS?!", nanako yelled.

"obviously!! how else are you gonna win against a villain king?!", kaminari rebutted.

"plus, if you lose, who the fuck knows what he's gonna make you do", chisaki sighed.

"alright. thanks guys", nanako said as she sat on the couch in her temporary room.

shinso, kaminari, chisaki, and dabi left, while mina went to go get some more food for nanako since she couldn't exactly eat in all for one's presence.

tomura sat next to nanako. "I'm sorry", he said quietly.

"huh? what? why?"

"if only I could stand up to my father...you wouldn't be put in this situation".

nanako felt touched. tomura had come a long way with expressing his feelings, especially with apologizing. he definitely seemed like the type to end your life if you even so looked his way. however, nanako was glad he changed for the better.

opening up her arms, she wrapped them around tomura.

"it's called a hug", nanako chuckled.

tomura didn't move. "you're suppose to wrap your arms around me too", nanako instructed.

"oh". tomura slowly wrapped his lanky arms around nanako. it was a bit awkward though, since there was still a weird space in the middle of them.

so to cease the awkward space, nanako moved herself onto tomura's lap, making him him tense immensely. resting her head on his shoulder, she finally said, "it's fine. worst case scenario I lose and your father makes me give up all my money", nanako joked.

tomura gave a small smile, although nanako couldn't see. he liked the feeling of this hug, even though he was awkward with physical contact. nanako was understanding enough so it all okay.

"even if you lost all your money, I'd still like you. although it'd still be best for you to try your hardest", tomura said.

"yeah yeah", nanako said as she waved it off.

snuggling closer to tomura, he finally relaxed. nanako smelled nice. like fresh flowers, what midoriya said, if tomura recalled correctly.

"NANA! I GOT YOU FOO—", mina shouted as she busted through the door yelling.

tomura and nanako immediately sat up straight, almost jumping out of their skins.

"geez mina! at least knock first!", nanako reprimanded, still sitting on tomura's lap.

"well sorry I didn't know you were getting it on with his highness over there", mina teased.

"ugh. just...can you leave us two?", nanako asked while tomura stayed silent.

"fine fineeee", mina said as she laughed, closing the door.

"sorry", nanako breathed out. tomura shook his head, indicating that it was fine.

nanako went back to laying her head on his shoulder, with tomura still holding her. they enjoyed the silence. it was oddly calming.