ch. 18

JUST as nanako predicted, chisaki ended up agreeing to her deal

"now now, don't be so difficult. you should be glad I'm not making you wear a doggie collar", nanako teased.

chisaki was more or less uncomfortable. being commanded by royals, and making him dress like a butler when he's a marquess of the villain's kingdom is a disgrace.

nanako found out that the reason why tomura and dabi didn't know of chisaki, despite his status, was because they never went out. tomura was always stuck in his room, while dabi just never bothered.

she also found out that eri looked beautiful in anything she wore. nanako had gotten eri customized dresses, particularly a special one for the upcoming surprise party.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. tea .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

after a whole week of preparing and endless work, the party was finally here.

many baronesses, viscountesses, and other higher rank ladies came with their soon-to-be husbands and/or significant others.

"eri, are you ready to make your first debut?", nanako asked, as she held eri's little hand.

"u-um...I t-think so...", eri muttered out.

"don't be nervous eri. I'm here with you and everyone out there is really nice. if you ever feel uncomfortable, just tell me and we can leave, okay?", nana asked, reassuringly.

eri quickly nodded as they heard yagi announce eri and princess nanako's arrival. with the grand doors opening, it led to an outside garden, decorated with many lanterns, filled with food and drinks, along with many people staring.

eri's grip tightened a bit, however, they kept walking. many whispers were heard. as they settled at a table, many ladies had come up and tried to talk to eri.

at some point eri got slightly overwhelmed and slipped away, leaving nanako and the rest of the ladies.

eri ran into a deeper part of the garden, where she could still hear the people talking, but it wasn't as apparent.

eri sat on one of the benches, looking up at the blue sky.

"hm? what's the star of the event doing here?", a voice suddenly said, making eri jump up in surprise.

"w-wha—who are you??", eri squeaked out. she saw a boy around her age who had black spiky hair. he had both hands in his pockets and looked as if he was bored.

"izumi kota. my aunt is a viscountess, that's why I was brought here", the said boy explained.

"oh. u-um...I'm—"

"I know who you are. eri, the star of this party", kota said, cutting eri off.

eri only nodded, as she didn't want to make the boy mad. she might've been able to fend herself off for a bit, but she'd rather not cause problems for nanako or herself.

"anyways, you didn't answer my original question", kota said, looking at the girl while he stood.

"h-huh?" eri tilted her head slightly, as she gripped onto her pink dress that was custom made for her.

kota sighed, then facepalmed. "I asked you what you were doing here. isn't this party held for you?"

"o-oh! sorry! I...umm...just found it a bit too much. with all the p-people and stuff...", eri replied, as her gaze fell down to her fumbling fingers.

"same. they're all so annoying", kota agreed.

"oh? I hope you're not talking about me, kota", another voice said, making both kids turn towards it.

"m-miss nana!", eri said as she hopped off the bench and walked over to her.

nanako smiled, looking at eri, while eri smiled back awkwardly.

"don't worry eri. I'm not mad. I'm glad you found yourself a new friend", nanako said while patting eri's head.

"r-really?!"

"of course! now, let's head back, you're coming with, kota", nana said, with kota trailing behind them.

holding eri's hand, nanako and the two kids returned to the party where people were still conversing and eating.

"greetings, princess nanako. I see you've found kota here", viscountess shino said as she bowed.

"indeed. nice to see you viscountess shino. I see you and the rest of the viscountesses are doing well", nana replied with a smile.

"thank you for your concern! we are very well. and I hope my niece here wasn't an inconvenience", shino said as she looked at kota.

"not at all! in fact, because of him, eri has made a new friend".

"is that so?", shino beamed.

"yes yes. as always, you guys are always welcome to come to the palace anytime".

"thank you for the invitation princess".

nanako nodded and excused herself, leaving eri and kota with viscountess shino.

walking to her seat, she sat down sighing.

"what's wrong now?", todoroki asked. the rest of the knights were out and about, while chisaki was standing behind nanako.

"my baby's growing up so fast", nana said as she fake wiped a tear away from her eye.

todoroki could only look at nana, not sure how to respond to that. chisaki only sighed at nanako's stupidity.

"anyways, did you find out who it was, todoroki?", nanako questioned, getting serious.

"I'm sorry for my incompetence, but the man was sneaky and got away before I could—"

"who—"

"chisaki", nanako said sternly. "someone's coming after your head".

chisaki froze. he knew exactly who wanted him to shut up forever, however he couldn't say. he knew the princess wouldn't believe him even if he was telling the truth, so he kept quiet.

"you're dying tomorrow", nana said calmly as she glanced at chisaki.

all chisaki could do was nod before he caught the gaze of one of the ladies in the crowd.

'fuck'