ch. 11

NANAKO wondered how her sisters and mother did it

NANAKO wondered how her sisters and mother did it. how they managed problems was beyond her belief.

it wasn't that nanako was stupid or incompetent. it was the fact that, she wasn't really sure how to start an investigation with no lead.

all she knew was that chisaki kai wasn't who he claimed to be. and if tomura was right, then that means that someone close to her, was the traitor.

"—na! NANA!!", mina called.

"y-yeah?" nana almost fell off the chair she was sitting on.

"todoroki wants to talk to you...privately", mina replied.

nana nodded, as mina opened the door to their room, todoroki walked in.

"what is it todo?", nana asked as she felt somewhat nervous. whenever todoroki wanted to talk to nanako alone, it was either something was wrong, or worst case scenario, he comes out gay and nanako's ship of momo and todoroki will sumerge into the deep waters.

he sat down, taking a seat next to nana.

"nanako...I wanted to talk to you about this mission", todoroki said.

"go ahead"

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

I nervously waited for todoroki to speak as I twiddled my thumbs.

there were times I could be a total badass or brat, but now was not one of those times.

"I think you need to beware of prince tomura and his follower, dabi", he finally said.

"w-what do you mean?" I asked. 'I knew exactly what he meant. I just needed a reason as to why?'

"nanako. I don't trust them. they may very well be affiliated with chisaki kai. who else would be able to supply him a royal invitation other than the royal family themselves", he stated.

"b-but"

"and, chisaki told you he was a duke from the villain's kingdom, he may be associated with the villain prince. dabi says he doesn't recall a duke like him but he could've been lying to you", todoroki interrupted.

"then why did he come along with us? wouldn't it be safer for tomura and dabi to stay in the castle?", I asked.

"to make sure that everything goes smoothly. he can communicate with chisaki easier, don't you think that's the actual reason for him coming along with us?"

"todoroki. as much as your statements make sense in the present situation, it's all but a mere assumption. I'm sorry but I can't accuse him of anything if there's no evidence".