ch. 42

NANAKO ended up getting the cold

NANAKO ended up getting the cold. she was sick the next day and momo and shouto would've visited their sister if it weren't for nemuri's orders.

midoriya and kaminari were instructed to not let anyone in so that nana could rest. only ochako and mina were allowed to go in and out of the room, for food, water, and anything nanako needed.

"prince tomura. it seems that princess nanako won't be able to join us as she has caught a cold", kurogiri said.

tomura immediately sat up from his bed. they were suppose to head out today so that they could make it for the ceremony tomorrow.

tomura got out of bed and immediately changed into some loose pants and a brown sweater.

"where are you going your highness? we're suppose to be leaving soon", kurogiri informed.

ignoring kurogiri, tomura sprinted to nanako's room. midoriya and kaminari bowed once they saw tomura.

"let me in", tomura demanded.

"I'm sorry prince tomura...but no can do", kaminari replied.

"I won't repeat it twice", tomura said.

a cough was heard from inside the room. "it's okay, just let him in", a faint voice said.

midoriya reluctantly opened the door, letting tomura rush to nanako's bedside.

"a-are you okay?", he asked.

nanako lightly laughed. "do I look okay?"

tomura usually would've had a comeback for nana's sassiness, however she was clearly not in the condition to be teased so he just let it slide.

before nanako could protest, tomura climbed on her bed and under her blanket.

"w-what are you—"

"shhh. just rest", tomura said quietly.

"tomura. you have your coronation", nanako reminded.

tomura simply ignored that statement and wrapped his arms around nanako, fully cuddling her.

"I'm gonna get you sick", nana said in a nasally voice. her head was still burning up and her throat felt like there was like a lump. every time she swallowed, she'd be reminded of that terrible feeling.

"just rest. don't worry about anything", tomura said.

nanako sighed. realizing that tomura's too stubborn, she snuggled closer to tomura's chest.

"are you wearing the lotion I bought you?", nana asked. although her eyes were closed, she smiled.

"mhm", tomura hummed.

they could hear the rain crashing down on nanako's windows. the droplets were soothing to listen to. it was one of those weathers where you'd definitely stay in and sleep in. so that's exactly what nanako and tomura did.