ch. 43

"TENKO, you're back!", nanako said as tomura entered her chambers right as he arrived back at the hero's palace

"as promised", he said. he pulled out some sweets that nanako liked when they were over at the villain's kingdom.

"are these the devilishly good chocolates from your kingdom??", nanako beamed. she's been eating bread and chicken soup, mixed with medicine. it was nice to have a change of taste.

tomura nodded with a small smile. "how're you feeling?"

"better!! after sweating and throwing up a bit, I definitely feel much better", nana replied.

she plopped one of the chocolate balls into her mouth, it immediately melted. it was heaven!

"is it good?", tomura asked, glad that he made the right choice of picking the sweet treats rather than flowers.

"mhm!!", nana hummed in happiness. she picked one up and held it out to tomura. he gladly took it off nanako's slim fingers by eating it. by now, he's somewhat used to her feeding him, so he wasn't too surprised when she held it out for him.

tomura nodded. it was indeed good.

"so, how was your coronation? king tomura?", nana teased.

tomura smiled at nanako's silliness. he was really glad that she was feeling better.

"it was fine. the priest was taking too long so I just told him to give me the crown faster", tomura said.

"did you say please?", nana asked, cocking her eyebrow.

tomura refused to answer that question. nana just sighed and chuckled a bit.

"anyways, I've been wanting to spend some time with eri, would you like to join? I know that once momo's coronation is over, you'll have to go back to your kingdom and start taking care of—"

"I'll join", tomura said, interrupting nanako.

nanako smiled. after momo's coronation in february, she knew that she wouldn't be able to see tomura for a while since he would have to learn to attend to his kingly duties.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. tea .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

"eri! look what your papa brought back for you", nanako called out.

eri turned around to nana's voice, seeing her and tomura walk over to her. she excitedly jumped up and ran over to them.

"mama! papa!!"

"I'm back, eri", tomura said while giving her a small smile. by now, eri was already used to her papa's basically monotone voice, so she knew that he meant well.

"I missed you, papa!", eri said as she ran up to give tomura a hug. but since she's only 6, she only reached tomura's leg. tomura just gave her a pat, like he usually does.

he pulled out a box of chocolates and bent down to eri's eye level. handing it to eri, eri took the box and opened it.

"chocolates?!"

"mhm. they're from my kingdom", tomura said.

"when can I go see papa's kingdom??", eri asked. she really wanted to go see it since she's already mostly familiarized with the hero's kingdom.

nanako and tomura looked at each other, thinking about it. perhaps it'd be good for her to experience a change of environment. and have a little vacation.

tomura looked at nanako, trying to get a read on what her answer would be.

"if your papa's fine with it, then you can go with him after auntie momo's coronation", nanako said.

"will you be coming with us??", eri asked nanako.

nanako looked towards tomura. "if you want, nana", he said. "we could go as a family".

nana smiled, still thinking about it. "pleaseeeeeee mommyyyy!! it'll be funnnnn!!!", eri pleaded. eri usually never asked for anything, so how could nanako reject such a request. plus, that also meant that nanako wouldn't have to be away from tomura for a few months.

"alright fine. we'll head there as soon as auntie momo's coronation ends, okay?"

"yayyyy!!!" eri jumped around, excited that she was going on a family vacation.

"now let's go play", nanako said as she held her hand out for eri to hold.

eri ended up taking them to a mini garden that nanako had specially organized just for eri. there were flowers, slides, a swing set, and even a little plastic house for eri and kota's "family".

nana had ended up accepting that it was only a game between eri and kota, so it was fine. she was willing to contribute to their growing family, as long as they did nothing bad.

—•—

"mama!! I have a baby!!", eri yelled as she bursted into nanako's room while she was talking to mina.

nanako started choking on air, struggling to properly breathe.

"e-excuse me?!", nanako asked, a little too loudly for eri's liking.

"shhhh. you're gonna scare the baby mommy! the baby's not ready to pop out of me yet", eri said as she pointed to her stomach.

it turns out that she just stuffed a small pillow up her dress, creating a small baby bump. nanako sighed in relief while mina just started laughing.

"auntie mina! do you think it'll be a boy or girl?", eri asked happily.

"mmm whichever you're want it to be??", mina said uncertainly.

"so when people have babies, they can just pick if they want a boy or a girl??", eri questioned.

"u-ummm...yes?", mina hesitantly replied.

"why're you lying to her mina? that's not how babies work", nanako said as she took a sip of tea.

"then how do babies work, mama??", eri asked, even more interested now.

nanako immediately regretted saying that. so much that she ended up spraying the floor with the tea she had spit out.

"u-u-ummm....e-eri babies come from storks. t-they bring the babies from farrrrrr away...and drop them off in front of our homes...", nanako explained.

"ohhhhhh. that makes sense!!"

"ahaha....yep!"

—•—

"hey mama?, eri asked.

"yeah?"

"will mr. stork come deliver you and papa a baby too? after you guys are married, that is".

nanako started blushing profusely.

tomura looked confused. 'stork? baby??'

"p-probably", nanako stuttered out. she awkwardly chuckled as the little girl started smiling.

"yay!! then can they deliver twins??", eri continued asking.

"y-yeah...sometimes. w-we can try—I mean, I-I can try contacting the s-storks and ask to see i-if they h-have any...", nana answered.

once again, tomura was confused. 'since when did storks deliver twin babies? or babies in general?'