1. THE ESCORT

"You'll be meeting with him in two minutes. Fuck this up and you're out." Austin, my boss, grips my arm tight, placing more importance on his words.

The job of an escort is to provide companionship and to boost up the image of the person they are accompanying. Many unmarried men have had me as an escort to join them at business events because they believe having a women on their arm gives them a higher status. I've also accompanied many married men who just want someone new for the night.

Usually an escort doesn't come with the promise of sex, seeing as that would make me up to be more of a prostitute than an escort. But I work for Austin and all of his clients are quietly promised some sort of sexual favour by the end of the night. Usually it's unpleasant and it's not something I'd prefer to happen. I accept it as a part of the job and sometimes the guys don't even ask by the end of the night. Still, I have a feeling tonight might be one of the nights that a little less pleasant.

Austin has told me this is a big client, someone who's paying him a lot of money for someone to accompany him to a business dinner. He told me to do everything he asks. Yes, there are few boundaries he puts up for me but tonight he said all of those lines can be crossed and I fear the worst.

"His car is outside, go into his apartment and introduce yourself as Vivienne. Only speak to him once you've been spoken to and, as I said before, what he says goes. Got it?"

I nod. "Yes."

"This could be good for us. Don't fuck it up."

He lets go of my arm and sends me out the front door of the apartment where an SUV is waiting for me. The driver kindly opens the door for me to which I nod and say thanks before getting in.

I'm done up in a silky red dress and a fluffy fur coat. I think it's quite obnoxious but I guess that's what he wanted.

        AFTER A SHORT DRIVE across the main part of the city, we arrive outside of KINGSLEY'S, an upstate hotel building. This is on the nice side of town and I've been in this hotel for clients before.

I was told to go up to the top floor and go into the penthouse suite. I get up to the floor and quickly find the room I was searching for and knock gently.

I wait a few moments only to see a handsome gentleman on the other side of the door.

Long curls fall over his shoulders covered in a satin suit. He looks expensive. His lips part open as his sharp jaw wags when he sees me, he looks pissed off.

I'm on time, I'm dressed and ready. I look good despite my lack of choice in outfit and makeup.

"Hello, I'm Vivienne." I nod to him.

"Fuck... what did he do to you?" He looks me up and down with a look of disapproval.

I've never had that reaction before.

"I—"

"Come in." He steps out of the doorway, motioning for me to come inside.

I step inside the spacious room complete with a full living room and huge bright windows. I attempt to pull my curious eyes away from the room and bring them back to him since my purpose for being here is to focus on him.

"Did you dress yourself?" His tone just assured me that he's displeased with the way I look.

"No, sir."

"Good. Take that stupid coat off." He flicks his wrist at me, motioning to toss the coat aside.

I slip it off and drape it over the back of the chair. I can't lose it or else that'll be out of my own paycheck and I'm not paying for that ugly ass coat.