40. NOTHING'S GONNA HURT MY BABY

HANES SETS ME DOWN gently on the bed, coming down to straddle me. As he lays over me and looks into my eyes, I want to cry.

He takes both of his thumbs and wipes my eyes.

"Why are you so sad, dandelion?" He asks quietly.

I put my hand on his cheek, caressing his soft skin with my thumb.

"You've changed. Something has changed."

He looks at me with a softness that I don't understand. It's as if he doesn't miss the part of himself that has left but understands my concern, all the same.

He takes a deep breath. "There's just a lot of things that I know are going to change." His face looks a little sadder. "A lot of things that I don't want to change."

"Are they going to hurt me?" My voice breaks as tears fall again. "I don't want to die, Hanes. I don't want to die..." I whisper, the pain escaping within my admittance.

He shakes his head and gives me a sympathetic look.

"No, no, baby, I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He wipes my tears gently again. "I promise you that. I promise with my entire being that I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you."

I shake my head, still not believing that he can promise that.

"You don't believe me but it's true. I'm not going to let them hurt you. They won't."

"And what if they do?" I cry. "What if they want me dead?"

"Then I'll die with you and you won't be alone." He gives me a very weak grin that drops in seconds. "But it's not gonna happen. There's not a chance."

I take a shaky deep breath. "I just want things to be normal."

"I know, baby, I know." He wipes my eyes.

I pull his face in to kiss him, his lips pressing into mine with a sigh. I reach my fingers around to the back of his head, intertwining them in his hair.

He moves to undo my pants and then slides them down with my panties. I undo his belt and then unbutton and unzip his pants. He helps by pulling them down along with his boxers.

I grab his dick, beginning to stroke it as his mouth opens against mine, our tongues gliding over each other's. There's nothing else I want right now aside from him inside of me. I need him right now. If I can't get anything else, I need him.

When he's hard, I let go and he slips himself inside of me, thrusting slowly to begin. I move my hands to his back, feeling his body move above me. His hips rock against mine. His lips leave my mouth as he picks up speed quickly; both of us desperate to cum after being deprived of this feeling for so long.

He grabs onto the headboard to propel himself into me harder and faster. With his strokes hitting deeper now, I feel myself already buzzing, my desperation working with me. He looks down at me down, losing his breath and starting to pant.

Something within his eyes carries his sadness to the forefront of his expression. His feelings are becoming so much more visible now than they have been. Sure, he's looked scared and worried, but he has done a good job at hiding his sadness.

He leans down and kisses me again, a tear of his falling onto my cheek. He's so much sadder than I had thought he was.

He doesn't slow down though, he pushes through the tears and continues fucking me ruthlessly. With the rising tension inside of me, I can feel myself getting close and moans escape my mouth. I put my hand on his cheek, tucking my fingers around to the back of his neck.

I can feel his sadness in this moment. In the mix with mine, I can feel my eyes welling up too. I don't know exactly what his sadness stems from, but I know it's probably connected to our situation in some way. I know that this is just ruining us and something about that makes this so much harder to bear.

With both of us getting closer, my desperation for the release becoming so much more consuming, I feel myself tipping over the edge.

I twist my eyes shut as I cum, my eyes pushing the tears from my eyes out. I let out a final moan and a deep breath, feeling that the weight I felt before has not lifted; not even slightly.

In his final few strokes, his body tenses and he squeezes his eyes shut too; his tears tucking under his chin and down his neck as he looks up while he cums.

He falls off of me and begins to wipe his eyes, fully crying now as he takes shaky deep breaths. I roll over and wrap my arm around him and he does the same. His chest shakes as I press my face against it and let myself cry with him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." he cries.

"It's not your fault." I lie to him.

"Yes, it is... this is all my fault."

I hug him tighter. "It's okay, Hanes."

He hugs me tighter back, holding me close to him as he rests his head on top of mine.

"I'm so sorry..."