#Chapter 14

*Roses POV*

I stared blankly on my book. Exams started tomorrow. Merlin knew that everyone had been studying hard for this exam and I hasnt really done much.

I needed to pass, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have anywhere else to go. Sev would help me, but of course when I grew up I would need a job, right? For that I needed a qualification.

Draco next to me sighed,"If I don't pass this test, my father will be very angry."

I joined him in sighing,"No one will be getting angry with me, but I am just wondering what will happen to my future if I fail. Hey Draco? Maybe we can go to dance classes during the holidays."

"Sure, atleast there will be an excuse to meet up. My mum won't mind me joining and she can take care of father," Draco agreed.

I smiled going back to reading my notes for History of magic. I hated this subject the most cause I always fell asleep 5 minutes into the lesson.

I didn't have that many notes, but there were enough thanks to Hermione. Tracey and Pansy joined us in study as well all kept on sighing. I personally had a sighing competition.

*

It was sweating hot, especially in the large room where we did our exam papers. We had been given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an anti-cheating spell.

Draco had tried unbewitching the quill but stopped because he almost got caught.

We also had practical exams. Professor Flitwick would call us one by one to see if we could make a pineapple tap-dance across a desk.

Professor McGonagall would watch us turn a mouse into a snuff box -Tracey and I got a few more points for making them pretty-. Draco's had whisker's on them, so he lost points.

Sev made everyone nervous. Breathing down everyone's necks while we made our Forgetfulness potion.

Half the time I would be trembling as I scribbled down my answers on the paper.

Our final exam was History of magic. It was one hour of answering questions on batty old boring wizards who had invented self stirring cauldrons. Mind you, I almost fell asleep

When the ghost of Professor Binns told us to put our quills down, I happily did so, rolled up my parchment and cheered along with the other Slytherins.

After the exams, Draco, Dalphne, Pansy, Tracey, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and I chilled and told jokes. Which helped as all of us had been stressed out in the past few days.

After an hour, I left them to go to Hermione since we hadn't met ever since before the Exams.

I went to the usual spot under the tree, however, she wasnt there. I was surprised as she was always the first one to be sitting and reading a book.

I sat on the grass to wait for her.

Time passed but she had still not arrived. I stood up and went around the castle grounds to find her. But she was no where to be seen.

I started to search inside the castle, I was on the the third floor when I saw Hermione looking dusty.

"Hermione!" I ran towards her, ignoring the fact the she was holding Ron.

"Rose, thank goodness you are here, could you do me a favor and send an owl to Dumbledore quickly? I promise I will tell you everything later on."

I sprinted to the Owlery, grabbing some parchment and a quill on the way. On the paper I wrote: PLEASE COME FAST, I DONT KNOW WHY BUT HERMIONE TOLD ME TOO.

Not a good way of writing a letter, but Hermione did say to be quick. I walked down the stairs, and to the third floor. Hermione was waiting there.

I smiled and gave her a hug.

Dumbledore apparated,"He is inside isnt he?"

Hermione nodded.

"Ten points to Slytherin," he said looking at me. I think it was for the fact that I sent him he letter.

Dumbledore walked fast, vanishing through a door.

Hermione told me everything, about this Flamel person and then a three headed dog how Harry figured out everything.

She said that Sev was inside, which surprised me.

Dumbledore came out with a sleeping looking Harry Potter and  a stiff Professor Quirrel, both of them flying mid-air.

Sev wasn't there.

*

The next week we got our results out and I can third place, A Ravenclaw coming second and Hermione first. I was so proud of her. To be honest, if she wasn't there, I would not get third place at all.

We Slytherins were about to win he house cup till Dumbledore awarded some last minute points to Gryffindor. I was pretty angry, but when food appeared the anger disolved.

It turned out that Sev wasn't helping you-know-who, which I was very happy about.

The next day it was time to go home, and thanks to Pansy I had learned my lesson of packing earlier.

"Feels weird to be going home, doesn't it?" Daphne asked me.

I was staring out the window, admiring the view that passed by.

"We're not going home," I said with a sigh,"Not really, if you know what I mean."