#Chapter 40

We got off the carriages.

Draco stood there for some reason, looking at the other carriages. I walked over to him.

"What's wrong?"I asked.

He smirked as he found what he was looking for, not noticing me. I shrugged at turned around.

Midway of walking, I heard Draco say, "You fainted, Potter? Is what I heard true, you actually fainted?"

Draco elbowed his way past Hermione to block Harry's way up to the stairs to the castle. Daco's face was gleeful.

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" asked Draco loudly,"Did the scary old dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Draco by his ar, dragging him away.

"Hey Malfoy!" I turned around to see that it was Fred and George,"How come you aren't making fun of Rose for the fact that she fainted to?"

HOW DARE THEY!

Draco looked at me,"You fainted, when were you planning on telling me?!"

I was just about to open my mouth to talk, but I was but off by a mild voice asking,"Is there a problem?"

A familiar person had come out of the carraiges.

Draco gave the man an insulent stare.

with a tiny hint of sarcasam in Draco's voice, he said,"Ohno, er, Professor."

Then he smirked at me and motioned me to follow hime into the castle.

"I will come in a sec," I said.

Draco shrugged thinking that a maybe wanted to talk to Hermione about something. I went towards the man, who was doing something with his case.

"I have seen you before," I said confroting him.

He looked at me and smilled. I just stared at him.

After a long akward moment of silence I said,"I'll make sure I figure out where I have seen you."

With that, I turned around and into the castle, to the Great Hall, taking my seat next to Blaise.

As usual, the sorting ceremony took place, which was a bore. I still thought that they had wanted to try and starve us to death.

After the sorting ceremony had finished, I saw Hermione, who was looking very happy about something, and Harry. Many people pointed and whispered at him. They sat down next to Ron.

Dumbledore stood up to speak,"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!"

He beamed down at us.

"I have a few thing to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and carried on, "As you will all be aware, after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of azkaban who are here on Ministry of Magic Business."

He paused.

"They are stationed at every enterance of the grounds," Dumbledore continued,"And while they are with us, I must make it plain, that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or diguises, or even invisibility cloaks."

Dumbledore looked straight forward at one student, I tried to follow his gaze, but failed as there were too many children.

"It is not in a nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses, I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects and our new head boy and girl to make sure that no student runs foul of the dementors."

Dumbledore paused again. He looked very seriously around the hall and none of us moved or even made a sound.

"On a happier note," He continued,"I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Firstly, Professor Lupin who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher."

There was a scattered, rather unenthusiastic applause. I didn't really clap that hard because all my mind wanted to do was eat.

"As to our second new appiontment," Dumbledore continued once more,"Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn our Care Of Magical teacher retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rebeus Hagrid who has agreed to take over this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

My eyes started to close as almost everyone around me clapped.

Blaise kicked my foot and I jerked awake.

I glared at him.

"Your welcome." Blaise said grinning. I rolled my eyes at him.

"My father will hear about this," Draco muttered.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance," said Dumbledore,"Let the feast begin!"

"Finally!" I exaclaimed, grabbing all the food that appeared.

Pansy stopped my hand,"Nu-uh, you are going on a diet, just like I said last year."

"I am never going to go on a diet, Pansy, so don't even try."

She sighed and let go of my hand after thinking about something for a few seconds.

I smirked and started to eat the delicious food.

After the wonderful feast, all of us Slytherins went down to the dungeons and to our common room, the password being 'Salazar Slytherin.'

I unpacked everything, and got ready for bed. I slipped into the covers, going into a soundless sleep.