#Chapter 19

*Roses POV*

I woke up with Pansy saying that I had quidditch practice. I groaned, I didn't see the need as I was just a backup.

I found my quidditch robes, and put them on, going downstairs to see the team waiting.

"Draco?" I said.

Flint smirked,"He, is our new seeker."

He threw me a Broom, the latest one. Nibus two thousand and one.

"Draco's dad bought us these," Flint carried on.

We walked out of the common room towards the pitch. The Gryffindor team was there. What were we going to do if they were going to be practicing?

"Flint!" Wood shouted at us,"This is our practice time! We got up scpecially! You can clear off now!"

I was about to turn and walk back, but Draco held me in position. I rolled my eyes at him, frowning.

Marcus Flint was even larger than Oliver wood. Flint had a look of trollish cunning on his face,"Plenty of room for all of us, Wood."

Other people from the Gryffindor team, they were girls. I was the only girl in my team.

"But I booked the pitch!" Wood said, positively spitting with rage,"I booked it!"

"Ah," said Flint,"but I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape."

Wait what? When were they planning to tell me this?

Oliver read the note out loud,"I, Professor S. Snape give the Slytherin team permission to practice on the Quidditch pitch, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You've got a new seeker? Where?"

The people in front of me started to step aside, to show Draco. I was standing next to him, so I quickly moved onto the side, not wanting to be seen.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" Fred said, looking at Draco with dislike.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," Flint said as the other members of the Slytherin team smiled broadly. I was confused to why they were doing so, clearly falling behind,"Let me show you the generous gift he's made to he Slytherin team."

They raised, I followed their lead, the highly polished, brand new handles and eight sets of fine lettering broomsticks.

"Very late model. Only came out last month,"said Flint flicking a speaker on dust from the end of his broom,"I believe it outstrips the old Two thousand series be a considerable amount. As for the old cleansweeps..."

Flint continued to roast the broom/people, as I zoned out for a bit thinking about how life would be if we were all one. No. That wasn't possible, my parents had just dumped me because of my house.

"Oh look," Flint said as Hermione and Ron were coming towards us,"A pitch invasion."

"What is happening?" Ron asked Harry,"What are they doing here."

"I am the new Slytherin seeker, Weasley," said Draco,"Everyone has just been admiring the brooms my father bought."

I nodded Absentmindedly. Ron scowled at both of us, mainly me, as he gaped at the broom at the same time.

"Good aren't they?" Draco asked ignoring the scowl,"But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new broom, too. You could raffle off those Cleanseep gives, I expect a museum would bid for them."

The Slytherins laughed. I giggled a bit.

"Well atleast no one in the Gryffindor team has to but their way in,"Hermione said sharply,"They got it on pure talent."

"No one asked for you opinion, you filthy little mudblood," Draco said.

I gasped as Ron raised his wand yelling,"You'll pay for that Malfoy!"

There was a loud bang and I saw Ron flying onto the grass. Harry and Hermione went to check if he was okay. I couldn't hear what they were saying because of all the laughter coming out of the Slytherin's mouth, but I did see that a slug came out of his mouth.

All my thoughts had paused, only thinking about the fact that Draco had called Hermione the M word.

I jumped onto Draco and gave a punch like I last year to Ron. There was a crack and Draco's nose started to bleed.

"Miss Rose!"

There was a stern voice. I looked up and saw McGonagall. Oh uh.

I quickly stood up, and so did Draco.

"Miss. Rose! What do you think you were doing?"

"Punching him,"I tried to say casually.

"Why did you happen to do this?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"He called Hermione the M word!"

"Mr. Malfoy! Fifty points from Slytherin. That is a foul word, not to be used at all! However," She turned to me,"Violence is not permitted, it a rule. You shall get detention."

"B-but-"

I got cut off.

"No buts Miss. Rose! You should have thought about it before breaking the rules. Mr. Flint take Mr. Malfoy to the hospital wing," Professor McGonagall ordered.

She walked away. I sighed and shrugged. It was worth it.

*

I was kept behind in Transfiguration.

"You, Miss Rose, will be having detention with Professor Lockhart along with Mr. Potter and Miss Greenwood, who, however, will just be helping out," She said.

I nodded and then left. How bad would that be, detention with Lockhart? The only part then ruined it was for the fact that I would be joining Harry Potter and another person whom I didn't know...