#Chapter 17

*Rose's POV*

"Why can't I come with you? I don't want to go on the train!" I whined.

Sev just ignored me, and flood my trunk to a small bar, making me go with him to the station,"See you at Hogwarts."

He disappeared. Great, just great! I walked towards the barrier and acted as if I was only leaning on the wall to take out something from my bag. Then all of a sudden I was there.

I put (more like swung and threw) my bags onto the train and looked for the compartment with my Slytherin friends in it.

"Hey guys! Excited for this year?" I asked

"Why should we be?" Blaise asked.

"Because Gilderoy Lockhart is teaching us!"

Tracey, Pansy, Daphne and I squealed, and the boys rolled their eyes.

I smirked,"Look who's jealous, girls."

Crabbe, Goyle, Theo, Blaise and Draco blushed. We giggled at them.

The train started to move, so I sat down, stroking Midnight.

"Hey Millicent, Midnight's fur is the same color of your hair," I stated. She just grunted at me and continued to stare out the window.

I never understood Millicent.

We started talking about what we did over the holidays. Draco told them about how we went learning muggle dancing.

Draco and I even showed them one of our dance routines.

Then I boasted on about my singing classes.

It was getting a bit dark so I decided to go and get changed.

On the way back to my compartment, I saw Hermione sitting alone.

"Why are you alone, Hermy?"

"I-I don't know where Harry and Ron are," she stuttered,"I c-checked everywhere, but they aren't on this train."

"It is all right," I replied patting her back,"For one thing I have learned, my brother can do anything, even fly a car to Hogwarts. Don't worry about it."

We talked for a bit, till I went back to my compartment.

"What took you so long?" Draco asked.

"Oh," I said,"Hermione was alone so I decided I would talk to her."

Draco narrowed his eyes, Theodore raising his eyes at him, as Blaise gently pulled me in motion to sit down.

The train stopped soon enough, and we all headed out.

We walked towards a carriage. Some disgusting, ugly horses were pulling it. I found it weird of how Draco hadn't made a comment on them, but I just shrugged it away.

The carriage brought us to the castle, and we went into The Great Hall and sat down on the Slytherin table.

Just like last year, I zoned out with all the speeches. This time it took even longer because I had to watch the sorting. Only a few children were put in Slytherin. Many of them going to Hufflepuff.

Then, all of a sudden Sev stood up, there were a few whispers here and there. After all the speeches were done. Dumbledore gave us permission to eat, which I was very happy with.

He and McGonagall also stood up a moment after, when Filch had quietly told them something.

Everyone in the Great Hall burst into voices.

"What do you think happened?" Blaise asked.

I shrugged piling food into my plate.

"Well," Tracey said,"Snape, Dumbledore and McGonagall did put up a show."

"Yeah it didn't really look like they cared, though," Pansy nodded.

"Snape looked angry by the look of it... Or was he smirking? Hard to tell, really," Daphne added.

But I didn't pay attention to them as I was too focused on savouring the food.

We carried on eating till someone from the Gryffindor table shouted," Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley flew a car to Hogwarts!"

I gasped,"What? No! That is not possible!"

Hermione was looking at me.

"I promise, I am not a seer! I just guessed," I shouted towards her.

She rolled her eyes on a way to say 'suuurreeee'

I sighed.

The teachers that had left came back and everyone acted normal, so I guessed everything was alright and the person from Gryffindor just decided to start a rumor.

We were left to our dorms, the password being Ecce emendatio.