#Chapter 28

*Roses POV*

After Potions, I went to the out-of-order girls bathroom.

Inside a cubical, there was some talking. I went to it and knocked.

"Who is it?!" I heard Hermione's voice ask.

"Ermm... Me?"

I heard her sigh, and she opened her cubical coming out. To my surprise, Ron and Harry came out too. Then all of a sudden I got horrible thoughts of what they could be doing in a small cubical together, I shuddered.

"Why are you hear?x Ron asked.

I was about to open my mouth to start an argument, but Hermione cut through.

"I invited her, Ronald."

Ron gave a look at me.

"I trust her, she is my best friend, I cant hide things from her."

Harry nodded,"I trust her too"

Ron glared at Harry.

"We have been working on a potion.."

Hermione pointed at the cauldron.

"Is that.. Is that Polyjuice Potion... ?"

She nodded.

"What is it for?" I questioned.

"We..." Hermione hesitated,"think that, ermmm, someone from the Slytherin common room can give us information about the Chamber of secrets..."

I facepalmed myself,"Just make it straight forward. You think that someone in Slytherin might be opening the Chamber of Secrets? Don't worry, that's not really offensive, some of the elder boys really look like they are up to something."

The three of them looked at each other and started nodding really quickly.

I smiled at Hermione,"Good luck then! Call me if you need help."

Hermione smiled back at me,"Of course!"

Ron was coughing while she said this. Hermione gave a sharp glare at him.

I walked out after saying goodbye to Hermione and went to the common room.

"Rose!"

I looked around, it was Tracey. I smiled at her,"Hey Tracey"

"I have some news.."

"Yeah?"

"There was a notice on the board. Dueling tonight, want to join?" Tracey asked.

I hesitated.

"Come ooonn," she whined,"You should definitely join us tonight. It would be fun."

I sighed,"alright."

*

I went to our usual spot for where I meet Hermione.

She was Already waiting there for me with a book in her hand.

I sighed at her,"Why do you always have to read? I mean, I would understand if it was Lockhart's book, but this isn't even it."

She snapped her book shut.

"Reading is important."

I scoffed,"Sure it is."

"I challenge you."

"To what?"

"To read as many books I give you, by this tonight."

I groaned and she smirked at me,"Too scared, Rose?"

"Never."

"Fine then."

We went to the Library and she picked out two big books randomly. I picked them up, and ditched her going to the Slytherin common room to read them all.

*

I had finally managed to read those books before dinner. It had taken me three whole hours.

At eight pm, Draco,Crabbe, Goyle, Tracey and I went to the Great Hall. The long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appeared along one wall, lit by thousands of candles floating overhead.

The ceiling was velvety black once more, and most of the school seemed to be packed beneath it, all carrying their wands and looking excited.

"I wonder who will be teaching us," Tracey asked. I shrugged.

Then as if on cue, Gilderoy Lockhart walked on to the stage , resplendent in robes of deep plum, and accompanied by Sev, who was wearing black.

Tracey and I squealed, Draco groaned.

Lockhart waved his arm for silence and called,"Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you call here me? Excellent!

Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works."

I fluttered my eyes at him.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," Said Lockhart flashing a wide smile which made my heart melt.

"He tells me he knows a tiny bit of duelling himself-"

Draco snorted,"I bet Snape knows way more than that git does."

"- and has supportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any youngsters to worry - you'll still have your potions master when I am through with him,never fear!"

Sev's under lip was curling.

Lockhart and Sev turned to face each other, and bowed. Then they raised their wands in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course. One - two - three -"

Both of them swung their wands up and over their shoulders. Sev cried,"Expelliarmus!"

There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet, he flew backwards off the stage, smashed into the wall and slid down it to sprawl on the floor.

Tracey and I gasped. Draco and some other Slytherin's cheered. I slapped Draco on the arm. I tried to see if Lockhart was alright.

Lockhart stood up,"Well, there you have it! That was a Disarming charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - Ah, thank you Miss Rose. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying so, it was very obvious-"

"Sure it was," Draco muttered.

"- what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy. However, I felt it would be instructive to let them see ..."

Soon we got put in pairs, I ended up with my very own twin who was smirking his head off.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Protego!" I flicked my want.

His wand flew away, and it was my turn to smirk,"Wow, I really need to thank Hermione for those two books."