#Chapter 29

*Roses POV*

Harry Potter.

Always gets famous.

Loves to get famous.

Last night when Draco and Harry were dueling, Draco said a spell which made a snake appear. The snake was about to bite a Hufflepuff when Harry stopped it.

Now he has all the attention just because he could talk to snakes. Oh how I despise him so much.

I could understand snakes as well, but no one even gave me a bit of attention.

I went straight to Sev the next day. He smiled at me.

"Sev. I can talk to snakes."

His smile vanished from his face. He stood up,"When did you find out?"

"Last night."

"The headmaster requires your presence, Rose, please follow me."

I shrugged and followed him to Dumbledore's office.

"Sherbet Lemon!"

The gargoyle in front of us suddenly sprang to life, and hopped as the wall split in two. I stepped on the stairs which was moving upward, leaving Sev behind me.

"You're wrong," was what I heard when I reached the top. Oh how wonderful, it was Harry Potter.

I snarled at him.

A strange, gagging noise behind us. Standing on a golden perch was a phoenix. I gasped at it. Thanks to the book Hermione gave me, I knew what it was.

Recalling from what it said in the book, if the phoenix made these gagging noises and if its eyes were dull, it was going to be born again soon enough.

As on cue, the phoenix burst into flames.

Harry yelled in shock and backed away into the desk. I just stood there rolling my eyes at him.

The phoenix had now become a fireball, it gave one loud shriek and the next second there was nothing but a smouldering pile of ash on the floor. This process was pretty interesting to watch.

The office door opened. Dumbledore came in, looking very sombre.

"Professor," Harry gasped causing me to roll my eyes once more,"your bird - I couldn't do anything - he just got fire -"

I snorted, there wasnt a way to stop it anyways.

Dumbledore smiled.

"About time, too," Professor Dumbledore said,"He's been looking dreadful for days, I've telling him to get a move on."

Dumbledore chuckled at the stunned look on Harry's face.

"Fawkes is a phoenix, Harry. Phoenixes burst into flames when its time for die, and they reborn from the ashes. Watch him ...."

I looked down in time to see a tiny, wrinkled, new-born bird poke its head out of the ashes. It looked quite as ugly as the old one.

"Its a shame you two didn't see him on burning day," said Dumbledore, seating himself behind his desk,"He's really very handsome most of the time: wonderful red and gold plumage. Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets. "

By this time I was getting tired of standing. I didn't even bother to what was going on around me as I tend to easily zone out.

I suddenly jumped when professor Dumbledore said,"Hagrid!"

Harry sniggered next to me as I gave him a small kick to shut him up.

"You don't think it was me Professor?"

I blinked. What did he mean?

"No Harry I don't, but I still want to talk to you," he said. Then Dumbledore turned to me,"And you."

"I must ask you two, whether there is anything you would like to tell me," he said gently,"Anything at all."

Dumbledore looked at Harry questioningly.

After some time Harry said,"No, there isn't anything, Professor."

I said that over and over again in my head till it didn't make any sense to me. I didn't make sense.

Harry left and Dumbledore turned to me.

"Actually, yes there is. I can understand parseltounge. I know when an attack is happening."

Dumbledore sighed at me,"Unfortunately, there is not much I can say about this as you yourself will have to figure out the truth in time. Just try to warn people when you here the creature when its about to attack."

I stood up and also left, did this mean I was going to get the attention as well?

Nope.