#Chapter 22

*Roses POV*

"What's going on here? What's going on?"

Attracted, no doubt, by Draco's shout, Argus Filch came nudging everyone including me out of the way through the crowd. Then he saw his cat, Mrs. Norris hanging upside down, dead. He fell bad clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What has happened to Mrs. Norris?" He shrieked.

I sighed,"Can't you see? It is dead!"

Filch ignored what I had said. His popping eyes fell on Harry.

"You!"He screeched,"You! You have murdered my cat! You have killed her! I will kill you! I will-"

"Argus!"

I turned around to see that Dumbledore had arrived on scene, along with a number of other teachers.

In seconds, Dumbledore had swept past Harry, Hermione and Ron and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch brachet.

All of us students stood there in silence watching the scene.

"Come with me, Argus,"He said to Filtch.

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"My office is getting nearest, Headmaster - just upstairs - please feel free -"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore.

We let them pass through. Professor Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore, So did Professor McGonagall and Sev.

"Alright everyone,"A Prefect shouted,"Back to your dorms."

We all groaned, wanting to know more about Filch's cat. I had the urge to follow them, but had a fear of getting caught.

As every other night, Tracey, Daphne, Pasny, Millecent and I wallked into our room and went under the covers, falling asleep.

*

I walked towards the Great Hall for lunch with Pansy and Tracey. We had got the news from Draco that this morning a Hufflepuff had been petrified.

Half of the day he skipped to classes, in an awfully good mood.

"Hey Rose!"

I turned around to see that it was a Hufflepuff girl who had called me. I walked towards her and her friends.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why is Draco all cheery?" A second girl questioned.

I gave them a confused look,"Oh, you guys haven't heard?"

They shook their heads.

"Some Hufflepuff girl's got petrified. Draco's so happy, I don't know why."

"CELIA!" One of the friends exclaimed.

"You think its her?"

I shrugged not even knowing how this Celia girl looked. "I don't know. They took her to the infirmary. You should check it out."

Then I walked away to join my friends.