#Chapter 37

*Rose's POV*

I buried my head in my hands. Hermione and I were at the library.

I was choosing my subjects for next year and I just needed one more subject to choose. However, the options weren't good.

I was stuck between Ancient Ruins and Divination.

I wasn't interested in both the subjects, but I had to pick one.

I eventually went for Divination because I thought it would be a bit more interesting and Ancient Ruins seemed too hard.

I sighed as I put my quill down. Hermione was scribbling words in a book. Then all of a sudden she tore the page out and moved her chair towards me and handed me the paper she tore out of the book.

Of the many Fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King Of Serpents.

This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many many of hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad.

It's methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly Vemonos fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all are fixed with a beam of its eye shall suffer instant death.

Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it.

The word Pipes was written on the page. I looked at Hermione.

"So you reckon that the monster is a snake and has been moving around the school through pipes?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

She nodded,"I have done all the calculation and this fits like the perfect answer. Now all I have to do is show it to Harry and Ron. Where do you think they are?"

I looked at my watch,"The match against Gryffindor and Hufflepuff is soon, so that means they are at the-"

"Quidditch Pitch! On it, see you later Rose!" With that she quickly left the library.

"Bye," I called after her.

I started to pack my things into my bag.

"Rip.... Tear... Kill..."

I widned my eyes and stuffed everything into my bag, taking out my mirror. Hermione was in danger.

I rushed out to the library and ran to Hermione, just in time.

I could hear the snake slythering around us. I was so tempted to look into it's eyes, but I didn't. Hermione and I looked into the mirror.

There was big pair of large yellow eyes.

Everything was black.

I saw a serpent circling me.

Go inside of a person
Make sure you are certain
The beast is it out to kill
Remember that you only have one chance to control someone at will

I started to float. I looked down and saw my body, it was petrified.

My body was next to Hermione's body, and her her ghost floating above it.

"Are we dead?" I asked her.

"No," a voice replied.

Hermione and I flew to her as she continued to talk,"We are just out of the bodies."

We nodded,"What was that-that voice?"

"The riddle kind of voice?" She asked,"Apparently we get one chance to go into someone's body and control them. I used it to go into Draco and nudge Rose -not you- to drop the Potion on Madelyn."