#Chapter 44

*Rose's POV*

After Potions we had lunch, then it was Defence Against The Dark Arts.

The Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Lupin, wasn't there when I had arrived to the classroom.

We all sat down and took out our books, quills and Parchment. I was playing with my quill when Professor Lupin finally entered the room.

He just smiled at us and placed his very old looking briefcase on the teacher's desk.

My mind went back to the day I had first seen him, why did he look so familiar?

"Good Afternoon," He said,"Would you please put all you books in your bags, today will be a practical lesson, you will only need your wands"

I put everything into my bag, very confused. Why were we having a practical lesson on the first day if we had never had experienced a pratical lesson in Defence Against The Dark Arts before

"Right then," Professor Lupin said when all of us were ready,"Please follow me."

I was really puzzled, but interested to where we were going.

Professor Lupin led us through a deserted corridor and around the corner.

The first thing I saw was Peeves. He was upside down in the air, stuffing chewing gum in the key hole.

That was disgusting.

Peeves didn't notice us till Professor Lupin was only two feet away.

When Peeves noticed him, he started singing,"Loony Loopy Lupin, Loony Loopy Lupin, Loony Loopy Lupin."

I covered my ears. Man, he was terrible at singing. Someone had to take him to the singing classes along with The Sorting Hat.

I quickly looked and Professor Lupin to see how he would react many teachers would have already shouted at Peeves, but to my surprise, Lupin was still smiling.

"I would take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves," Professor Lupin said pleasantly,"Mr Flich won't be able to get his broom."

I face palmed myself, I think that was the whole point to why Peeves put gum in the keyhole.

Peeves did not pay attention to what Lupin said. All he did was blow a loud, wet raspberry.

Ew.

Professor Lupin sighed and took out his wand,"This is a useful little spell." He told us looking behind his shoulder,"Please watch carefully."

Lupin raised his wand to his shoulder height and said,"WaddyWazzy" and pointed his wand at Peeves.

Waddy what? I had never heard of that spell, either way, the spell had a very weird incantation.

The gum shot out of the keyhole and down Peeves' left nostril. Peeves went the right way up and flew away, cursing.

"Cool, sir,"A Gryffindor, Dean Thomas, said in amazement.

"Thank you, Dean,"Professor Lupin said putting his wand away.

Wait, how did Lupin know Dean's name? I kept quite about it, however, as no questioned to how he knew.

"Shall we proceed?" Professor Lupin asked/said. I wasn't really sure if you was asking us or not, but either way, I nodded.

We set of once again. Lupin led us through a second corridor, and we stopped out side of the staff room door.

"Inside please," Professor Lupin said opening the door for us and standing back.

We all went inside.