Coming together

(Hibiki/miku)

hibiki and miku were walked through the hallways of lydian academy. In the background the school anthem  was heard an hibiki started to humming the anthem. That caught Miku's attention. 

Miku: what's up? Got the school anthem stuck in your head?

Hibiki: just hearing the school anthem here at lydian makes me feel safe. It really puts my mind at ease. It's like, I can relax by just knowing that everyone's here with me. I really feel at home here, even though we enrolled here two months ago. 

Miku: so much has happened over those two months, though.

Hibiki: yeah, that's true. 

(Time skip)

Genjuro came back to the base and first contacted hibiki and tsubasa.

Hibiki(coms): hibiki here.

Tsubasa(coms): tsubasa speaking.

Genjuro: good. Where is ryouko?

Tomosato: she hasn't reported in. We haven't been able to get in contact with her all morning. 

Genjuro: I see.

Hibiki(coms): I'm sure ryouko is all right. If something happens, she'll just go all "bang! and boom!" Like when she protected me!

Tsubasa(coms): ryouko has no combat training. I doubt she'll be able to do anything like that. 

Hibiki(coms): but like, don't the commander and ryouko have those crazy superhuman abilities?

{Ring ring}

On screen came a call from ryouko, but was sound only. 

Ryouko(coms): oh! I finally got through. Sorry, I overslept. Then my communicator started playing up..

Genjuro got a serious look on his face.

Genjuro: are you alright? No problems on your side, ryouko?

Ryouko(coms): I  overslept and I missed the garbage collection… did something happen?

Hibiki(coms): that's good to hear. 

Genjuro: then that's okay. There is something I want to ask you about. 

Ryouko(coms): my, aren't we in a hurry? What is it?

Genjuro: kadinger, what does that mean?

Ryouko(coms): it's an ancient sumerian word that refers to a divine existence. In a sense, it means a tower reaching the heavens. 

Genjuro: if someone had built such a tower, wouldn't we have noticed it?

Hibiki(coms): well, when you put it that way…

Genjuro: regardless, we now have the enemy right where we want them. If we can simply gather more intelligence our victory is assured. We will strike at the smallest gap in the enemy's defense with all that we have. We will not miss our chance to land the finishing blow!

Hibiki/tsubasa(coms): roger.

Hibiki and tsubasa then hung up.

Ryouko(coms): I've got a few things to take care of here, then I'll head right over.

Then ryouko hangs up.

Genjuro: now get me Y/n on the line. 

(Y/n)

Y/n: a tower that reaches the heavens…

Genjuro (phone): that's what ryouko said.

Y/n: my hunches where right then.