Chapter 4

Today was Tuesday which meant that you had practice.

"Do you even know how to play Volleyball?" Iwaizumi asked, walking to school with you.

"Uh, what position do I play again?" You smiled nervously.

"You are a setter just like me! We used to practice on your skills sometimes, remember?" Oikawa grinned at you.

"No, sorry." You gave him an apologetic smile and looked away.

'Cringe'

__________

"Captain! Are you going to play too?" Sato asked exited when she saw you walking up to the gymnasium.

"No, I'll be just watching since I'm not allowed to do sports yet." You smiled and unlocked the door.
Just when you opened the door you stood still. Something about this place was familiar with you but you couldn't recognize it. You kind of felt like this was a special place to you back then.

"I guess captain remembered something." You heard one of the girls whisper but you shook your head.

"I just feel like this was a special place to me back then. Does anyone know why?" You turned around to face your teammates big they all were looking somewhere else.

"You loved Volleyball so much that you would practice everyday! I guess that's why."

"Yeah she's right. You were obsessed with it. You wanted to go to nationals so bad that you practiced everyday." Kobayashi said.

"Nationals? When is that?" You asked.

"In about two months. Nationals would be the last station for us, since we are third years."

You turned around and walked inside. A feeling inside of you told you that this place was special to you. But not because of volleyball.

You watched your team warm up and practicing on spikes. Kobayashi was the Vice-Captain so she was the one leading the team. You were standing on the side of the court and lost in you thoughts.

'Kobayashi is such a good leader. Why was I even the captain when she does all of the 'leading the team' stuff so well? A great wing spiker and the Ace of our team.'

"Captain! Look up!" You heard someone shout.

And then everything happened so fast. You just saw all you teammates with widened eyes.

"What is it? Won't you go back to practice?!" You asked them, making shivers run down their spines.

"The captain inside of her is speaking."

"Some things never change." They commented but went back to practice. You recalled the scenario of a few seconds ago:

You turned around and a ball was flying towards you. You managed to react in such a short time and received the ball perfectly. The ball fell right in front of your feet.
'What's the big deal?' You thought.

When you watched them play against each other you didn't notice that you commented things like 'nice kill!', 'the block was lame!' and so on. Just when your teammates pointed it out you realized.

"Are you perhaps remembering something?" Yukiko asked.

"No. I don't know why I said those things. I didn't even notice. But why did you react that way when I received the ball?" You asked.

"Uhm, because you were never good at receiving. That's why the opponents always targeted you when they were serving."

"And suddenly out of nowhere you are receiving almost like a pro!"

"(L/N)-san, what did you dream about in your coma?" Suddenly another teammate asked.
_________
[A/N]: yeah what could she have dreamed about