Chapter 9

The girls started to fill the gym. This would be your first time practicing with your team. You were kind of nervous because you thought you wouldn't do a great job as a captain.

"Pair up and start to stretch." You ordered. You jogged to Kobayashi who waved you over and pressed your palms against her back.

"Don't be nervous, (L/N). I'm sure you'll do great just as before the whole accident."

"I guess I'll have to. After all we want to go to nationals, right?" You smiled and took her leg.

"Right." She answered.

After stretching you divided the team into two different groups that were going to have a match against each other.
During the match your coach shouted at some of the girls, complaining about how bad their receives or serves were. Mostly the first years.

'I understand that she has to be strict so the girls take this seriously but shouting at them? She gotta chill." You thought.

"Listen here girls! We're going to have a practice match next week on Tuesday. If you're going to play like this I'll just cancel it." The coach said when you all were drinking.

"Coach, I think you are overreacting." You spoke up, not realizing what you just did.

"What was that, (L/N)-san?"

"The only thing they have to work on are serves and receives. I don't see a reason for causing such a scene."

"(L/N), you better shut up right now." Kobayashi whispered but you didn't even look at her. Your eyes were only looking at your coach.

"Listen here, (L/N). You might have forgotten but I'm doing this job for 15 years now. I've studied sports for three years and specialized on volleyball for other two years. Do you really think I can't tell whether a player is good or not?"

"You may be doing it for this long but-"

"No but's, (L/N). I want you to change and leave for today. We've lost enough time because of this unnecessary conversation." She said. You clenched your firsts and without a word you left the gym.

'My first day of practicing and I'm thrown out after 45 minutes. What a great start. She probably hates me now. I don't even know what came over me.'

You changed into your usual school uniform and was about to leave when you heard squeaking noises and loud 'booms' coming from the gym next to yours.

'Right, the boys also have practice. Maybe I could visit them?'
And so you did. You went towards the gym door and opened the door slightly, not to gain attention. You peeked for a couple seconds until a boy, who you assumed was Makki, noticed you. Without making it obvious he came to you.

"(L/N), aren't you coming in like you used to back then?" He asked.

"I used to come here? Sorry I didn't know." You smiled.
He opened the door for you to come in. By now more of the boys paid attention.

"Uh ... hello." You greeted awkwardly.

"(Y/N)-chan, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to have practice?" Oikawas voice reached you as he walked up to you.

"You guys keep on practicing! This has nothing to do with you!" He raised his voice so everyone could hear.

"I- Uh- I got kicked out of practice." You quietly said because it was kind of embarrassing.

'He'll think I'm a kid who can't behave now.'

But Oikawa just started to laugh.
'I guess some thinks never change.' He thought

"Again?" He giggled and rested his hand on his right hip. After noticing your questionable look he added:

"Your coach used to kick you out at least once a week."

"I knew she didn't like me." You mumbled.

"Why don't you wait until our practice is done? We could walk home together and perhaps grab some ice cream?" He asked.

"Sure, why not." You smiled and made your way to the bleachers where some other girls were.

"Hello (L/N)-san!" They greeted and bowed.

They must be younger.

You greeted them back and had some small talk.

After a time, practice was finally over. You waited for Oikawa and Iwaizumi while typing your mom that you'll be out for ice cream.

"Let's get going!" You heard Oikawa's excited voice.
You looked up but couldn't see Iwaizumi.

"Where is Iwa?"

"He told me that he doesn't want to come with us."

"Is he alright? Maybe he's feeling sick or something." You worried

'Why do you even care that much?' Oikawa questioned, not saying it out loud.

"It's nothing to worry about, (Y/N)-chan! Really!" He smiled.

"Well, shall we?" You grinned, as if nothing like an accident happened before.

'Sometimes it does feel like back then tho.' Oikawa thought, nodding at your question.
_____________
[A/N]: Hope you liked it :)