Chapter 23

"Of Miya Osamu."

He looked at you, a shocked expression written all over his face.

"Wha-"

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone!"

Iwaizumi still looked shocked but nodded his head.

"I guess that's why I don't feel unfamiliar around him. It's like he's the only one I know here, you know?"

"(L/N), what exactly did you see?" He asked, finally looking at you.

"Uh, I- uh I guess I feel kinda uncomfortable telling you." You grinned nervously.

"But I hope you are aware that all of that was not real."

"I know, Iwa. It's just weird seeing him as a stranger even though we were close."

"You never were close, (L/N). That was your imagination.

"Right. I guess I should head home now. I'll see you tomorrow." You stood up and left with no goodbye.

You wondered if it was a good idea to tell Iwaizumi about that. You hadn't even told your own mother.

It also kind of pissed you off that he had to point up that it was not real what Osamu and you had. It wasn't like you didn't know, right?

You knew exactly that it was not real.

Even though you wished it to be.

Iwaizumi's POV

He still sat on the bench. He had to process what you just told him.

Dreamed of Osamu?

To Iwaizumi it seemed like you were getting a crush on that boy.

He promised you to not tell anyone about that but he knew that he had to prevent you to get a crush.

He didn't want to be selfish or something but he couldn't just watch you distancing from Oikawa and get together with another dude.

He would never admit it but he sure cared for Oikawa and always wanted the best for him. He was his childhood friend so of course he should have his back and look out for him.

After a time he finally noticed that his phone was buzzing for quite a time now.

"What is it?" He answered.

"Iwa-chan! You got to talk to (Y/N)-chan?"

He gulped.

"Yeah. We talked."

"What did she say? Is she mad at me?"

"We didn't talk about that."

"What else?" His voice suddenly seemed stern.

"Never mind. It's not even important. I'll be right back." Without waiting for an answer he hung up.

But he knew damn well that back at school Oikawa would annoy the shit out of him just to know what you were talking about.

After all it was about you.

___________

The next day you brought food over again. This was now a good excuse to be near Osamu. You first walked up to the Seijoh benches to drop the bento box and then walked over to where Inarizaki was to hand Osamu the food your mother had made.

You felt Oikawa's and Iwaizumi's looks boring holes in the back of your head but you tried to ignore them as good as possible. When they were on break you tried to avoid them by talking to others or just use the restroom. But you made sure to stay until the end so you could watch Osamu play.

He seemed to enjoy it though.

After a week full of practices it was time to leave for the other schools. You couldn't say goodbye since they left early so you said your goodbye a day before.

So there you were. Sitting in your room in a Friday night and writing down your new flashback.

../../....

I was at the school gates when this flashback happened:
"C'mon (L/N), I know it's hard but you'll get through it. Now let's go to the nearby park. It's damn embarrassing with you crying by the school gates while people are still here."

"I- I'm sorry Iwa. Shit this is so embarrassing." I said and wiped off my tears.

Both of us made our way to the nearby park.

"Thank you, Hajime." I smiled at him.

You sighed, thinking of that flashback.

'Was I something like a crybaby back then? How lame.'

While thinking you heard your phone ding.

Miya Osamu
You still up?

Your heart beat ten times faster.

He really messaged you.

The day before they were leaving you exchanged numbers to keep in touch. You were so excited that you had to read it over and over again to be sure that it was really him.

You checked the time.

12:34AM

You
Of course I'm up!
After all it's Friday night.

Miya Osamu
Well, we arrived a
while ago and had a
meeting so I guess I'll
just go to bed now,
good night, (L/N)-chan.

You
Good night, Osamu-san

You shut your phone and tossed it somewhere next to you in bed.

He could have texted you tomorrow but he decided to text you good night.

'Was he just being kind or.. ?

Yeah, (Y/N), he was just being nice to stop getting your damn hopes up.'

Such a little act still made you that happy.

What a pity that you would never see him again.

Or so you thought.
___________