Chapter 37

It was Monday already and you were sitting in the locker room very impatiently. The first match was going to take place in a few minutes at your school. You were going to face Kakugawa High's girls today.

No big deal.

They lost every year so this year wasn't going to be any different.

"Don't be nervous girls! Imagine this to be a practice match but play harder than usual." You tried to calm your teammates, especially the first years.

"Just remember what we went through in practice, alright?" You asked, earning nods.

"I didn't hear you."

"Yes!" They said energetically.

"Good, let's warm up!" You jumped on your feet and smiled.

After half an hour of warming up the match began.

You served, knowing who the weakest receiver was, to their direction.

The poor girl of course couldn't receive it correctly so the ball went out after her touching it.

"Nice, captain!" Sato smiled.

"I didn't even start." You chuckled and so you did another serve and another and another when they finally managed to stop you.

"5:0? I thought I could do more." You smirked.

"Now it's our turn to point." Kuroshio said.

And so the match went by.

It was over quicker than the first years expected.

You won the first set 25:11 and the second one 25:15.

The Kakugawa girls were a real good start for your first years. They weren't scared of the next matches now even though they knew that it would get harder by every opponent.

The coach clapped her hands as a sign that you were dismissed. You exited the gym with the girls.

"Hey, let's get ramen! I know a win against Kakugawa isn't that big of a deal but still!" Watanabe said.

"What are you even saying? We're one step closer to nationals." Itō said to which you agreed.

"Ramen sounds good to me." You smiled.

"Well, could I talk to you before you go?" A male voice behind you spoke up. You rolled your eyes but smiled when you faced him.

"We'll just change already." Sato said and went off with the rest of the team.

"You were really good today. Just like always." He smiled.

"Thank you, Yūma-san. But Kakugawa isn't a strong school so it was obvious that we would win." You were silence for a little while.

"Thank you for watching though!" You bowed.

"H-hey! No need to thank me!" He said and held your shoulders to make you stand again.

"I really like watching you play." He scratched the back of his head and blushed lightly.

"Is that so?" You smirked and approached him a little.

He widened his eyes.

"Then I expect you to watch my next matches too." Your smirk turned into a cute smile.

"O-of course!"

"Good, I'll be heading now." You turned around without awaiting another answer.

'Goes perfect. I hope you're suffering Oikawa.' You thought, after you saw him stalking behind a corner that leads to the stairs.

__________

The next day the boys' matches were taking place at your school. And of course because Oikawa The Grand King was playing everyone, including teachers, was watching.

You sat at the very back of the bleachers, arms crossed and the hood of your hoodie trying to hide your face.

You didn't want anyone to think you were here just to watch Oikawa. You could basically say that you were here to watch Iwaizumi and the other boys but who would believe that?

Even though you had seen all versions of Oikawa's serves you could always lern from him. One thing you admired him for.

The match was over and they won 25:10 and 25:09. You weren't expecting any other results. Oikawa's only true and serious opponent was Ushijima.

You went out of the gym before anyone else so you wouldn't get caught. You went to the vending machine and were about to buy a drink to look less suspicious.

"How was I?" An arrogant voice behind you appeared.

You sighed loudly and leaned against the vending machine with your back.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You watched me play, (Y/N)-chan. You're the girl with the hood. I've noticed you the whole time."

At his mention of your name your heart began to feel warm. You hadn't heard that in a while.

"That wasn't me." You lied.

"Don't be silly. You're literally still wearing the hood." He pointed out.

You quickly put it down, revealing your now messy hair, making Oikawa giggle at your action.

"You're so cute, (Y/N)-chan. Still watching my matches like a girlfriend does." He teased you.

"Cut the crap, Cheatykawa. I was watching Iwa." You said and wanted to walk away but he stood right in front of you.

"Why don't we just talk it out?"

"Leave me the fuck alone. I have nothing to talk about with a cheater so you should just accept the fact. Stop bothering me already and get a life." You stormed past him, wishing it wouldn't have come this far.

Yes it hurt you like hell. But you would never admit it to your team or to Oikawa.
___________
[A/N]: I probably won't write about all of the matches since it could get boring lmao