Chapter 42

34:33

"Koba-chan!" You shouted and tossed a ball perfect for her to hit.

She jumped in the air and hit it with all her force. Your little secret attack: her left hand.

This caused you to win the last set of the match.

The referee whistled, signaling the match has come to an end.

You watched the other team line up with upset faces while your team was cheering behind you.

"C'mon captain!" You heard one of your teammates say.

You hugged each other, hearing all the cheers from the bleachers above.

You bowed to the people who watched and thanked for the game before you were allowed to leave the court for a break.

"Good game y'all! I'm proud of you." You said and high fived all of them.

"But there's one more match to win." You added sternly.

"There's just one school between nationals and us." Sato said.

"How about stepping out for fresh air?" Watanabe suggested.

"It would be better if we stayed here and focused on the next game. We shouldn't get distracted by the people outside now." You said.

"Yeah, you're right." The others agreed.

After a break of five minutes you were called into the gym.

Now was the most important time.

You all stood in a line, the captains shaking hands.

Shiratorizawa was the first to serve.

A hard serve came towards Itō which she received. Not a good receive but you could still manage to set a perfect ball for Kuroshio. She hit it to the other half just for it to be received again.

That went on a few times until Shiratorizawa made the first point.

"Don't let that get to you! It's just the first point!" You cheered up your teammates.

It was now the last set. Shiratorizawa had won two sets and so did you. The hard practice did pay off.

13:14

The match was about to end of Shiratorizawa pointed one more time.

Now it was your turn to serve.

You bounced the ball on the floor, threw it in the air and hit it with all the power you had left.

Maybe a little too much power because from where you stood it seemed like the ball was out.

The opponents were about to cheer but according to the two men on the lines your serve was not out.

It was now 14:14.

"Another one captain!" Takashi shouted from where she stood.

You did the same serve, attacking the worst receiver of the other team and scoring another point.