Chapter 49

You returned to the canteen together with Sato and tried to act as uninterested as possible at what was happening at Oikawa's table.

"Are you okay, babe? You don't seem to feel alright." Kirishima stroked your cheek with his thumb. You took his hand and squeezed it a little.

"I'm fine, just had to clear things." You lied and smiled with eyes closed.

"Good! Don't get sick until after Saturday. I'm so excited that you'll watch me." he grinned widely.

"Don't disappoint me."

"I would never. You all are also invited to watch my match on Saturday."

"I'll definitely come, Yūma-san!" Takashi said.

You sat there, talking to your friends. And of course the laughs of a certain table didn't go unnoticed.

__________

Arriving at home you let yourself sink face first into your bed. You let out a loud growl before turning around so you were facing the ceiling.

You didn't know if you should believe what was written on the paper. Could Oikawa really have fallen for Nakamura? That would explain why he cheated. But still, it was Nakamura you were talking about.

Why did Iwaizumi even care? He didn't even check on you but he made sure that Oikawa wouldn't break her damned heart.

And Hanamaki and Matsukawa? They seemed to hate her just last week but now suddenly they are laughing at her jokes or whatever she was telling them.

Lost in your thoughts, you flinched when your phone suddenly buzzed.

Mom
Could you pick Haru
up today? I know you
told me you didn't want to
do it anymore but your aunt
just can't settle things with
her current schedule.
Be so nice, ok?

Yeah, ok.
Make sure to bring
pizza on your way back home .

You sighed and checked the time.

Even though it was a little too early, you already left the house and made your way to the place where your cousin had practice.

You arrived twenty minutes earlier than it ended so you watched the kids play from the bleachers.

Your mind drifted back to when you came here with Oikawa to pick Haru and Takeru up.

Smiling to yourself you heard Haru call for you from down there. He waved at you which you also did with an eyes closed smile.

After twenty minutes, the children were dismissed to change their clothes. You waited for your cousin at the entrance of the gym when you suddenly heard a giggle from somewhere behind you.

'Of course that bitch has to be here.'

"Oh, look who we have here." She said in her high pitched voice, making your ears almost bleed.

"(L/N)-chan, since when are you picking Haru-chan up again?" Oikawa asked, standing somewhere next to you.

You turned to him and saw Nakamura clinging onto his arm.

"Just for today." You answered shortly.

"Were you hoping to meet Tooru here alone? Aww, sorry to disappoint you but surprise, I'm also here."