Chapter 5

Your dream while you were in coma was weird. It was about a boy who you didn't even know.

"It was about a boy whom I've never seen before. He doesn't even exist in real life but I wish he did."

"C-Captain! Are you perhaps in love with that boy?!" Ann, a first year, asked you. You chuckled.

"No! I mean I thought everything that happened in coma was real. It was a real world to me that I lived two months in."

"A fake one though! So you better stop thinking about your imaginary boy." Kobayashi said.

'It felt so real though. I even played volleyball with him. Why did I even have to wake up?' You thought.

___________

After practice you all decided to go to a nearby café.
"We used to hang out here very often, you know? You used to order a Java Chip Frappuccino." Sato said smiling.

"I can't remember, sorry." Now her smile was weak.

You all sat at a table by the window and chatted. Mostly about nationals. You told them that you were able to practice by next week. The girls told you everything about the other teams.

"Karasuno shouldn't be a problem. We should see Shiratorizawa as the real hurdle. You should know that our boys' team never won against theirs. It's a rivalry. If our boys don't make it to nationals, at least we must go!" Ichibana said.

"I'm sure we can make it this year!" Sato said.

_______

The rest of the week went by fast. You were walking to school with Iwaizumi, were greeted by a bunch of fangirls of Oikawa because you all arrived at school together and you always sat with your team in lunch. They always told you stories from the past but you always had to disappoint them. Nakamura-san didn't show up anymore and people were sometimes whispering to each other when you walked past them. You asked your teammates about it but they just said that it wasn't much of a deal.

It was currently 5PM on Friday when your mom send you a message.

Mom
I'll be home by 11PM so make sure to eat properly since your dad isn't coming home at all.
Also, could you perhaps pick your cousin up on Monday? He has volleyball practice and his mom can't make it cause she has to work extra shifts.
Love you xx

Me
Alright. Just send the address so I know where to go. Haru was his name, right?

Mom
Yes, the little one that visited us about two weeks ago.
The address is: xxxxxx xxxxx xx
Thank you, hun!

You shut your phone and plopped on the couch. This was going to be a long and boring weekend.

_________

Monday morning. You put your shoes on and went outside where Iwaizumi was waiting for you.

"Good morning, Iwa!" You smiled.

"You, you just called me Iwa." He said.

"Yeah I thought it was better to say since it's way shorter. Does it bother you?"

"No. You just used to call me Iwa back then so I thought-" he stopped himself.

"Well whatever. Let's just get going so Shittykawa doesn't complain about waiting too long for us." He said, turning away from you.

"Right." You said, catching up to him.

"So you guys know each other for sooo long? I bet nothing could break your friendship!" you said, enthusiastically.

"Must be hard for Iwa though. All those noisy and annoying fangirls!"

"Iwa?" Oikawa questioned immediately. He looked at you and had a puzzled look in his face.

"Yeah I call him that. It's shorter as I said already. And he told me that I used to call him that. Oikawa-san, did I have any nickname for you?"

His heart again was torn into thousand of pieces. How could you call Iwaizumi just 'Iwa' but use the honorific -san on him? How close were you and Iwaizumi? He knew that he had to make moves to get you back. He couldn't stand other boys thinking that you were no longer his.

"You used to call me babe." He said but regretted it the second after.

"Just kidding! Uh no I don't think you had a nickname for me."

"How about Oiks? It's easy and short." You smiled at him, making his heart melt. You haven't smiled at him for so long now.

"I like it." He smiled back, until annoying screams were heard.

"I'll see ya in class, Oiks. I don't want to handle them and neither wants Iwa to." You pulled Iwaizumi's uniform and leaded him towards the entrance while Oikawa chatted with his fans.