Chapter 48

The weather was getting colder since it was October already. You liked the October weather though. It was relaxing and fresh.

You left your house, the cool wind hitting your face as soon as you stepped out.

Since you weren't walking with Iwaizumi anymore, your walks were rather lonely.

You sighed when you arrived at the school gates and entered the big building.

Like every morning, Kirishima was waiting at your locker to go to class with you.

'This is going to be the third week if Nakamura doesn't show up.'

When you entered the class you saw Oikawa and Iwaizumi chatting and laughing together but just when you approached your desk, which was right behind Oikawa's, they went dead silent.

'What the fuck?'

You didn't show any kind of confusion but you had thousands of questions.

When the teacher arrived in class, Iwaizumi sat at his desk and started to write something down. He crumbled the little piece of paper that he tore apart and threw it on Oikawa's desk.

As soon as Oikawa read the message, he turned to Iwaizumi with an kind of angry look.

What were they talking about?

Oikawa also wrote something on it and threw it back to Iwaizumi without the teacher to notice.

Iwaizumi smiled softly and leaned back in his chair.

You waited impatiently for class to end so you could take that piece of paper out of Iwaizumi's pencil case and read what they wrote.

What could make Oikawa angry but Iwaizumi smile?

'Iwa probably just called him names again.'

Finally when the bell rang, the students walked out of the classroom.

Iwaizumi took the piece of paper.

'What is the doing?! Don't tell me he's taking it with him.'

You sighed in relief when he just threw it in the bin and walked out with Oikawa right after.

You told Kirishima to go ahead because you had to talk to your teacher. So you stayed until everyone was out and finally reached into the bin to take out that piece of paper. You unfolded it and read.

'Oi Assikawa, if you're playing with Nakamura then stop it now or I won't be taking to you either.'

That was clearly Iwaizumi's handwriting. But why did he care about Nakamura's well-being?! He hated her just as much as you and Oikawa did, so why was he caring now?!

'Iwa-chan! How often do I have to repeat myself?! I am not playing with her! I'm serious about her so stop fucking assuming things!'

Your eyes widened.

You felt your heart stop beating and breaking into pieces.

'What?'

Was he really loving her? And was it really because of you? Just because you started all of this fake dating stuff? Well, this was karma.

Your eyes felt like they were tearing up, in fact they were.

'Fuck!'

You rushed out of the classroom, not knowing what to do.

First to Sato or into the restroom to calm down?

You chose to go to the restroom first. You sat in a stall and dried your eyes.

'There is no way! He can't love her.'

But what if that was the reason he cheated?

Maybe he loved her for a long time now.

You took a deep breath and left the place. You made your way to the canteen where your team would be waiting.

Standing at the doors you scanned the canteen just to find your heart break again.

Nakamura was in school again. She was sitting on Oikawa's lap and both of them were laughing happily. He kissed her cheek gently, making her blush.

You clenched your fists and looked away.

Out of nowhere it seemed like everyone started to like Nakamura.

Should you text Hanamaki for an explanation?

No, he would show it Oikawa.

You walked to your friends and sat between Sato and Kirishima who was here already.

He kissed your head and put an arm around your shoulder but you shrugged it off.

"Come with me." You told Sato and stood up.

"(L/N), I swear to god if that's again-"

"Leave me alone." You cut Kobayashi off and walked away with Sato.

You lead her outside to a bench and put a foot on it.

Without a word you gave her the piece of paper and crossed your arms, waiting for her reaction.

She widened her eyes.

"Captain this-" she cut herself off.

After thinking a few seconds she continued:
"This could be true."

"Fuck Sato what do I do?!"

"I-I don't know. Have you also noticed how everyone treated Nakamura differently? The atmosphere at their table was like really nice." She pointed out.

You let yourself drop on the bench, crossing your arms.

"Did I really fuck up in my own game?" You burried your face in your hands.

"(L/N)-chan don't be down! You don't know if that's true or not!"

"Sato, why would Oikawa lie to Iwa? You saw what he wrote. Also his face expression when he read Iwa's message. He was like super angry. Perhaps everyone is treating her differently because they know that Oikawa is serious." You felt your eyes water again.

"Oh.. I'm sorry, (L/N)-chan." She sat next to you and stroked your back.

'I kinda can't believe that though.' Sato thought.

"Maybe he'll change his mind when you give him attention again?" She suggested.

"No I don't wanna kiss ass. I have to clear my mind first. This message sure surprised me." You lifted your head again.

"You can do better, (L/N)-chan." She smiled.

"Yeah."

'But he already was the best.'
___________