Chapter 19

The whole day you thought about how you would ask Oikawa about that. You couldn't just go straight up to him and say 'Hey Oikawa, Nakamura-san told me that you're hiding something from me so what is it?'

... or ... could you?

Nah, you couldn't.

"What's up with you today, (L/N)? You're being suspiciously quite." Kobayashi said as you were sitting in the canteen.

"You're not even eating." Yukiko pointed out.

"Yeah you're just poking around the food." Sato added which made you sigh.

"Just thinking about practice today." You lied.

They just nodded their heads and continued to talk about whatever.

Your heart was about to stop by every minute that passed. You haven't been this excited since you woke up from coma.

Then the bell of the last lesson rang. For a second you thought your heart seriously stopped beating but then you remembered that you had practice first.

You had two hours left to think about how to form that damn question.

Or maybe it wasn't important and you could just let it be?

No you couldn't!

You had to know what was going on behind your back and you didn't want to involve anyone else than you and Oikawa.

That damned Nakamura. Why had she have to confuse you like this?

But maybe it was for the better. Now you knew that there was something important that he didn't tell you.

'You wouldn't hang out anymore.' What was that supposed to mean?
Did he do something bad?
Or did you do something?

"Will you lock the gym or are you planning on standing there for another ten minutes?" You heard a voice behind you.

"I- uh no I was now going to lock it." You said.

"C'mon (L/N). I know there is something off. You've never acted like this. Did something happen? Did you have a flashback again? Or did-"

"Who told you that I had a flashback?" You asked, not remembering of telling her.

"Uh, Iwaizumi told me." You rolled your eyes.

"Whatever. I'm perfectly fine. I'm just gonna go to the boys to bring food over." You quickly locked the gym and left Kobayashi standing there by herself.

You walked ahead, in the direction of the gym where the boys were practicing.

'I'll just take him outside and ask. No big deal.'

You took the bento box out of your bag and slowly walked into the gym. The boys were in a match right now so you stood at the door and waited for it to end.

The match ended 25-22 in the opponent's favor. You watched as Oikawa wiped the sweat off his forehead and approached him slowly.

It was time. Time to ask. He smiled at you and took a sip of his water.

"I brought you homemade food." You smiled and held the box a little higher.

"You are literally the best, (Y/N)-chan." He opened it and saw the inside.

"Did you make these originis?" He asked with sparkled eyes.

"Nah, I tried but it somehow didn't work so my mom helped me out."

"Well, I'm not surprised."

'Ask him now!'

"Uh O-"

"Delicious! These are really good, (Y/N)-chan! And waaay better than the food we get from here." He sat on a bench in the gym, you being next to him.

"Are you on break right now?" You asked.

"Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be eating, would I?" He chuckled.

Damn. The excitement took over you, making you even ask dumb questions.

'It's just a dumb fucking question, (Y/N)! Stop acting like a 14-years old teen girl who has to confess her love or something!'

You pulled yourself together.

Second try.

"I hav-"

"Are those self-made originis?" A voice interrupted you.

You looked up to where the voice was coming from.
As soon as you saw that person your mouth hung lightly open and your (E/C) eyes widened.

How was this possible?

You couldn't take your eyes off that person. You noticed that the boy was staring too.

'He is a real person. He really exists.'

Many many memories appeared in your head and some emotions started to overflow your heart.

But those weren't memories from the real world.

Those were memories from your world when you were in coma.

Your own real world for the last months.

Your heart started to beat like crazy. You were afraid that they could even see how it hammered against your chest.

No doubt. It was him.

'The boy I've spent the last two months with.'

And suddenly all the worries about asking Oikawa a question were gone and forgotten.
__________
[A/N]: I hope the story starts to get good.