Chapter 36

"Here we are!" Sato yelled from the back of the canteen. You went towards the table, pissed. Because of your ruined plan yesterday you couldn't do anything but be mad at yourself. You thought that you came out of the locker room too early for Oikawa to see you with Yūma.

"So, what was it that you wanted to tell me in person?" You sighed as you sat down.

"You have no idea!" Sato said overexcited and started to tell you everything that happened yesterday in the gym.

How Oikawa cried and freaked out.

"What?! Really?! That's why he looks so down today." You laughed after she was done talking.

She nodded her dead wildly.

"And I was pissed the whole time because I thought he didn't get to see it." You shook your head.

You heard Kobayashi sigh and take a sip of her coffee.

"You two planned this?" Kuroshio asked.

"Yeah. You wouldn't help anyway." You said.

"(L/N)-senpai, I can help too the next time!" Yukiko smiled.

"You're ruining our first years too. Let them stay innocent."

"Hey! I said that I would support her so I'm just keeping my word." She defended you.

"Anywayyyys, how was yesterday with Yūma-senpai?" Takashi asked.

"Why are you even calling him by his first name?" Sato asked confused.

"He lets everyone call him that, right (L/N)-senpai?"

You nodded.

"Whatever, did he make a move or something?" Sato asked this time.

"Not really. He was just really close and made sure to compliment me like every two minutes."

"He tries so hard." Kuroshio giggled.

"Yeah. It's been only two days since we started talking."

You guys laughed a little more until a cute first year came to your table.

"H-hello, I wanted to ask (L/N)-senpai something." She shyly said.

"Oh, what is it?" You used your kind voice. The voice you used when other students came to you and asked for help.

"I have an assignment due tomorrow. C-can you help me with it today? But only if you got nothing to do!"

"Well, I have practice after school, so how about the next break? I'll meet you here." You smiled, making the little girl blush.

"A-Arigatō!" She bowed and speed walked away.

Not long after the bell rang and all of you made your ways to your classes.

Now you understood why Oikawa hadn't bothered you the whole time. He didn't even look at you or tried to talk to you through Iwaizumi. It was like you weren't there. That kind of upset you because you were used to have Oikawa's attention.

Oikawa wasn't even aware of that. He felt numb after all night of crying. His eye bags were visible and his hair messier than usual. He didn't give a damn though.

He just couldn't understand what was going on inside your head.

What was your intention?

Why would you go with the guy you always talked bad about?

Were you already over him? If yes, did you even love him as much as he loved you? Because he wasn't over you at all.

Iwaizumi tried to talk to him but eventually was ignored by the boy. He was lost in thoughts.

When crowds of fangirls approached him he just went straight ahead, also ignoring them.

Of course everyone knew what was up with him. They knew how perfect your relationship looked from the outside so they understood why he was that down.

In class you were staring holes into the back of his head. You were worried.

Did you go too far?

No! He cheated! He went too far!

A little wave of guiltiness went trough your body but you shook it off.

As much as you wanted to check on him and make him feel good you wanted to make his last months on this school a living hell.

"Why don't you talk it out already?" Iwaizumi whisper yelled to your direction.

"S-shut it!" You felt embarrassed. He saw you staring.

"You two are causing unnecessary drama. Especially you, (L/N). Stop being extra."

"Stop defending a cheater." You turned around to look outside the window, getting lost in your thoughts.

__________

"Alright guys, tomorrow will be the last practice before match day. I trust in all of you so let's go to nationals!" You said, earning an applause.

"This year we're going to win!" Itō said.

The girls cleaned up while you talked to your coach for a little.

"(L/N)-senpai, here is someone to pick you up." Yukiko shouted, interrupting you and the coach.

"You're dismissed." She said, giving you permission to approach the one who came for you.

"Yūma-san, why are you here?"

"I want to walk you home if that's okay. I also just finished practice." He smiled.

'Perfect.'

"You can go, (L/N)-chan. Kobayashi-chan surely will lock." Sato informed you from behind. So you took your stuff and changed into your school uniform before heading off with Yūma.

And that's when the both of you started to really get to know each other.

'This is going to get somewhere very soon.' you chuckled to yourself.
___________