Family

Marcus stood outside of his home. He always dreaded coming home. His mother hated his guts, no matter what she tells you. The guy he believed was his father wasn't and like to drink a lot, causing the man to black out and beat Marcus everywhere besides noticeable places like arms and face. And just to make things in his life better, his little sister was dying. He always felt bad for her ever since she was 6. He wished he could take her away from all of this pain and give her the life she wanted. He took in a deep breathe and opened the door.

"Yay! You're home!" The little girl yelled, running to him and hugged him. Marcus smiled and petted her head.

"Melony, how was the nurses today?" He asked. She gave a small smile.

"Always nice! Jackie always treats me good, you know that." Melony said, putting her hands on her hips. Stumbling disturbed the moment of calm. Marcus pulled Melony behind him as Henry came into the room, bottle of alcohol in his hand. Henry turned toward to snarl at Marcus.

"You finally decided to come home, you shit." He slurred. Marcus just gave him a 'go to hell look' and planted his feet firmly to the ground. Henry stumbled to the kitchen to find food.

"Melony, go to your room sweetie. Bubba is gonna talk to dad for a little bit, okay?" Marcus asked. She nodded and went to her bed room. Silence. He heard the door shut, Marcus stomped to Henry.

"Already drunk at 4:39? Pathetic." Marcus sneered. He couldn't brave himself as a punch hit him in his gut. Marcus grabbed his stomach in pain and fell to the ground. He started to feel strong kicks all over his back. Marcus held the tears back as he felt Henry's heavy feet kick him over and over again. Henry finally stopped.

"You're the only one who is pathetic around here. Cant do anything right. All you are is a fucking bastard. No wonder your mother hates you." Henry slurred in anger. With one strong kick, he kicked Marcus harder into the stomach. Marcus coughed and gagged, feeling the pain overwhelm him.

"Go get us some food. Nothing is in the fridge. Be good at something for once." Henry demanded, grabbing another 40 ounce and walking to him room.

Marcus laid on the floor for a good 10 minutes before he finally got the strength to pick himself off the floor.  He made his way slowly to his bedroom and closed his door. Marcus slide to the floor against his door, mad at himself for not defending himself. He felt the bruises forming slowly on his back and stomach. Marcus got the strength to get up again, lock his bedroom door, and lay down on his bed. He stared out at the window to see a big black and grey dog staring at him. He felt sort of calm staring at the dog and he smiled. Marcus couldn't keep his eyes open anymore and drifted off to sleep.

He felt the wind his it face, running. He always enjoyed running. He felt the soft dirt against his feet. Running through the trees, noticing a large animal. Marcus noticed he was running with wolves. Large wolves were running all around him, but he didn't feel fear. He felt safe. He turned to see a large black wolf, grinning at him. They all stopped and howled into the air. Marcus joined them, thinking he was apart of them

"You are safe here, child." A voice told him. Marcus was looking all around to see where the voice was coming from. He looked down to see gray and white paws. He started to move his hands but the only thing that moved was the paws. He was a wolf among them. He felt like he belonged.

"It is your time, young one. It is time for you to become what you always have been. It is time for you to become your true form." The voice echoed in his mind.

Marcus woke up, panting. He gripped his stomach, the pain flowing to him all over again and he slightly cried out. Slowly getting up, he went to the bathroom to get wraps for his stomach and back. Passing the mirror, Marcus saw out of the corner of his eyes that his eyes changed. He went back to the mirror and check his eyes. They were gold. He blinked a few times then rubbed his eyes. He check his eyes again and they were back to being hazel. Marcus shook his head and went back to going to the bathroom.