i love you

The boys came back from their trip exhausted. It has been a few weeks since the last day of the trip and Marcus was lost in thought at the park. Ash threw his jacket at the boy. Marcus removed the jacket, aggravated.

"What the fuck was that for?!" He yelled. Ash smirked.

"What are you planning, Marcus? I know you got something planned up your sleeve." He said. Marcus shook his head.

"Nothing Ash." He lied. Marcus did have something. He only knew one way for Ronan to be protected. He needed help from someone with it though.

M: hey I need a favor.

J: what is it boy?

M: I'll tell you in person.

J: be glad I'm coming into town. Meet me at the apartment.

Marcus put his phone away and looked at Ash. Ash glared at the boy.

"Dont do something stupid, Marcus." Ash said. Marcus got up and started walking to the apartment. He knocked on the door and it swung open.

"Come in boy I dont have all day." Jen said. Marcus walked in and sat on the sat, head hung low. Jen observed the boy.

"What's this favor you need?" She asked. Marcus clenched his fist.

"Do you know someone who can erase memories? Or change them?" He asked. Jen tilted her head and crossed her arms.

"I know some. Why?" She asked. Marcus looked up at her with pain in his eyes.

"I have to do this for my mate. I need to change his feelings and memories. Some thing happened while we were on our guys trip and I dont want him hurt. Not anymore." He explained. Jen dropped her arms, in disbelief at what she just heard.

"Marcus, are you sure? The one thing werewolves want is their mate to accept them and love them back. Do you really want this to happen?" She asked. Marcus looked down at his hands.

"Hes growing too close to me. He cant get close or he will get hurt. I want his memories from the trip to change. Have him thinking of someone else. It needs to be done." He said, holding back tears. Jen sat next to Marcus and patted his back.

"Kid, let me tell you a story. I was in a similar situation." She started. Marcus looked up to her.

"We were gonna be high school sweethearts. Disgusting honestly. But then I found out I had powers and was scared. I didn't want to put him in trouble, so I ran away. I traveled all over the states and even some of Canada. I met good people along the way, but nothing compared to him. I came back into town for a visit and we had dinner. Found out he had a wife and kids. I was scared that because of who I am, would hurt him. And it doesn't help that in would never be able to give him the family he wanted. His wife recently died of cancer and I thought maybe we had a chance again, since now he has a family. He doesn't want to go through that pain again." She finished. Marcus looked at her, slightly confused.

"What does that have to do with my situation?" He asked. Jen laughed.

"You are wanting to push something away that is there for his safety. You want him to be safe and happy, no matter how you feel." She said. Marcus sighed.

"Were not so different after all." He said. Jen chuckled.

"Not really. I know how you feel. To not be able to save and protect the ones you love. I had to learn that at an early age. You got to do what you need to save them." She said. Marcus nodded.

"I love him, Jen. I can finally say its not a crush or a feeling. I really love him and it scares me. I dont want to give him up for anyone to have but I cant put him in danger. One of his nightmares came true and was close to us. What if he had followed me and that creature killed him? What if I'm not there to save him?" Marcus said, tears slowly falling from his eyes.