Ritual

Marcus walked to his room, head facing the ground. He went in and laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He should be getting ready for the big move that's going to happen but he cant think about that right now. His mate was hurt and confused. Marcus wanted to give time for everyone. A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Enter." Marcus stared at the door, waiting for them to come in. They waited a long time before walking in. Ronan stared blankly at Marcus and closed the door.

"Did your talks go well?" Marcus asked. Ronan stayed quiet and stared at Marcus. Marcus sighed and laid back down on the bed. He stared at the ceiling some more, trying not to let his senses freak him out.

"How are you alive?" He finally heard his voice again. Marcus turned his head to look at him.

"Its a long boring story, love. You wouldn't want to hear it." Marcus teased. Ronan shook his head.

"Tell me everything. I saw Vince stab you, Marcus! How are you still alive?!" Ronan yelled. Marcus rose from his bed and turned to Ronan, who almost had tears in his eyes.

"Alistair, you're tired and need rest. We both do. Go to your room and asleep." Marcus said. Ronan shook his head.

"I want to stay next to you. I am not going to leave until I get an explanation. Everyone else has given me their's but you!" Ronan yelled. Marcus smirked at Ronan and chuckled.

"Fine then." Marcus got up and started to walk towards Ronan. Ronan backed up until he was against a wall, with Marcus pinning him.

"I became Alpha. The night I became Alpha, we had a guy test an army out on our pack, killing 30 that night. I volunteered to go to Vince's base to save the rest of my pack. For 6 months, Vince tortured me." Marcus started. Ronan's eyes were wide and tears were escaping.

"He had enough of me because I wouldn't tell him where you were." Marcus grabbed Ronan's hand and placed it where the hole was, now covered with tattoos.

"He stabbed me and made me choke on my own blood. My last thoughts I said that day was that I love you, Alistair." He said. Ronan, trying to hold back the sobs, but he couldn't.

"My Goddess gave me another chance. To protect my pack and to protect you. I had an option to not come back, but Melony didnt give me a chance." He said, chuckling a little.

"Why would you want to not comeback?" Ronan asked. Marcus nuzzled into Ronan's neck and hummed.

"I'm not for certain. I felt like I was at peace finally. The only time I ever felt peace was when I was with you." Marcus said. Ronan stood there frozen. Marcus pulled away and smiled.

"Ronan, go get some rest. You had a long day." He said. Ronan shook his head.

"You're the wolf that saved me in the alley years ago. I recognized the coloration of your fur." Marcus looked at him and turned away. Ronan pulled Marcus's face to looking back at him.

"You were always there for me, even when I didnt need you. And you did all that you can to protect me. But you dont have to stress yourself out anymore. I can protect myself." Ronan said with a smile.

"I'm always going to protect you, Ronan. That is a vow I have kept since I found out about everything." Marcus said. Ronan looked down at the ground, resting his head on Marcus's chest.

"You dont have to worry anymore." Ronan said. Marcus pulled Ronan's face up to look at his.

"I said the time we mated, Alistair, that I will your shield and your sword. I am going to worry about you no matter what. I will lay my life down all over again for you. I have for many years." Marcus said. Ronan stared into his gold eyes and pulled Marcus's face close to his.