Repentance

Marcus opened his eyes to a white room. He looked around and saw nothing. He checked his body to find no wounds. He looked confused.

"Why are you confused bubba?" He heard. His body froze and his head turned to see Melony standing there with a smile.

"Melony? Is that really you?" He stuttered. She nodded.

"In the spirit flesh." She giggled. Marcus got up and hugged her tightly, almost wanting to to cry. She hugged him back.

"I missed you too bubba." She said. Marcus looked at her.

"I'm dead, aren't I?" He asked.

"You are. You couldn't stop it. He was gonna kill you no matter what." She said. Marcus looked down.

"I couldn't stop him, Melony. I wanted to stop him. But I couldn't." He said. She lifted her brother's chin and gave a sad smile.

"You will. One day." She said. Marcus looked at her confused.

"I'm dead, Melony. I cant stop him at all." He said. She smiled and shook her head.

"Its not your time yet. Come with me. I have someone to show you. She has been a big help with me recently." She stated walking towards an exit. Marcus followed her hesitantly. He saw a throne room with a blue throne and a woman with white hair sitting on it.

"Child, who have you brought to me?" The woman asked. Marcus stared at the beauty of the woman. Eyes transparent and skin pale.

"I brought my brother. He needs to go back to his body. He has duties to finish but was killed in doing so." Melony explained. The woman looked at Marcus and smiled.

"Hellfire Alpha. I didnt expect this." She stated. Marcus gave her a weird look and she chuckled.

"Child, he has done plenty. Why cant he rest?" The woman asked. Melony shook her head.

"He has a pack to maintain and his mate to protect." She said. The woman looked at Marcus closely.

"You've been through hell and back for your pack and mate? Tortured everyday, body grown weak from it?" She asked. Marcus nodded.

"I couldn't watch my pack be massacred so I left willingly and told them to go east. The man is after my mate and I couldn't tell him where he was. He wants him dead. I couldn't let that happen." Marcus explained. The woman got off her throne and walked toward Marcus. She laid a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Hellfire Alpha, your pack is protected. They made their travels safely. Your mate is safe."  She said. Marcus looked at the woman.

"Do you want to go back on earth and save your mate? Do you want to fulfill as Alpha?" She asked.

"I want to protect them both. I want to save them as much as I can. I have to make sure they stay protected. If I am not there, then what did I die for?" He said. Melony gave him a smile and looked at the woman.

"Please let him live." Melony said. The woman smiled at Melony and then Marcus.

"Your Goddess grants this request." She stated. Marcus couldn't believe what he heard.

"Goddess? Have you been the one I've been praying to?" He asked. She smiled.

"I have been. I am the Goddess Eris. I heard every prayer you gave for six months straight." She said. Marcus bowed down instantly once he heard the name.

"Would you still want the body you had? Scars and all? Marks of the pain and torture you went through?" She asked. Marcus looked up at the woman.

"What do you mean?" He asked.