Safety

Marcus hugged Freya tightly. She held him close and relaxed.

"Why must you go so soon?" She asked.

"I have to go back to my pack. Stay here and observe the pack houses. Figure out why the other was burned." He said.
Freya frowned and sighed.

"Safe travels, Marcus. When you get back here, I will make sure the pack is safe." Freya stated. Marcus smiled.

"I know you will sweets." He said before shifting. Freya looked at Marcus in amazing and in awe.

"Your wolf is gorgeous. I'm jealous that Ronan gets to have someone like you. Maybe one day I will find them." She said with a smile and hugging Marcus one last time. His head rested on her shoulder and pulled away. He started to run away towards the east. His travels took him a little longer.

'Goddess, how much longer before I can see my pack again?' He asked.

'Not much longer.' She told him. Marcus felt a few droplets of water. He ran into a cave out of the rain. He saw it was starting to pour a monsoon outside. He looked around the cave and saw that no one was in it. Marcus curled up at the very back of the cave and laid down.

'Get some rest, child. You have more traveling to do tomorrow.' The Goddess said. Marcus started to drift off and rest.

Marcus was back in the front room of the Martin residence. He looked around and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"My love, you are back." He heard Ronan say. He looked up and saw how he looked like the current Ronan.

"This is what you meant the entire time, wasnt it?" He asked him. Ronan nodded and sat next to Marcus.

"I did. I want to tell you Vince still thinks you are dead. That surprise element will come in handy." He said. Marcus smiled and wrapped his arms around Ronan.

"I can't wait to see you again and feel this once more." He said. Ronan smiled and placed his hands on the arms.

"I cant wait either. You have no idea how long I've waited for a connection like ours." He said. Marcus looked down at Ronan.

"I know this is a dream. I know you really aren't thinking about me right now. You are thinking about killing Vince." Marcus said.

"You catch on quickly. I can still feel things. Just when I wake up, it wont be the same. When this war is over, what do you want to do?" He asked.

"Just be by your side. I dont have to do anything. I know you want to work as a detective. It fits honestly." Marcus stated, kissing the other's forehead.

"I do still want to do that. You are a great leader. Together we will be unstoppable. But that wont be until later." Ronan stated, getting off the couch. Marcus stared at Ronan and watched his moves.

"I'm gonna be hurt. You are gonna have show me something that will bring me back. You will know when." Ronan stated. Marcus looked at the boy, confused.

"I wanted to tell you for future reference. I'm not gonna be the same. And neither will you or our friends. Things will be different for us all. We have to be prepared for it." Ronan finished.

Marcus slowly woke up to growling. He opened his eyes to have four wolves snarling at him. He recognized two of the wolves as Andrew and Foster. He also saw the black wolf from the other pack.