Distance

Over the next few months, Marcus stayed away from Ronan. The three boys distanced themselves away from Ronan at the moment. No one understood why. They were just tired. Marcus especially. He hated the thought of Ronan and Jacie together but he is the one that put himself there.

"Marcus, you're staring at them again." Judas pointed out. Marcus scoffed and slammed his locker door. Judas rolled his eyes.

"You know his birthday is coming up. We need to at least tell him happy birthday." He stated. It was Ash's turn to scoff.

"But all he wants to hang out is Jacie. I mean damn!  It's like hes attached to her! I cant even stand her!" Ash stated.

"She hasn't done anything wrong to us, Ash. And besides, no one has the right to hate her. Ronan is following his mind. It wont change until-." Judas started.

"I do something." Marcus spoke up, sadden. Judas nodded. They watched the couple walk pass in the hallway. Ronan looked at them, specifically Marcus, as he walked by.

"He's lost." They heard someone say. Andrew was leaning against the lockers.

"He feels like he lost of his friends in one day. He just needs time to think." Andrew commented. Marcus sighed.

"I will go over to the house later and talk with him. He needs his friends at least on his birthday." He said. They a walked to class and had a normal day.

Marcus was knocking on the Martin residence. Alice opened the door.

"Hey Dray. What brings you here?" She asked. Marcus scratched the back of his head.

"Is Ronan home? I wanted to talk to him." He asked. Alice smiled.

"He is out with his aunt right now. Why dont you come in?" She offered. Marcus walked in the house and sat down on the couch. He looked around the house and seen all the pictures of the happy family. Alice sat next to him and sat down a glass of tea in front of him.

"We haven't seen you and the others in a while. Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Just seems that Ronan is hanging out with Jacie more." He said. Alice hummed.

"Well, he hasn't been himself since they got together. Did yall have a falling out?" Marcus shook his head.

"No ma'am. Just felt like he needed his space with his girlfriend." He said. That word tasted like venom on his lips.

"Marcus, what are you hiding from me?" Alice asked. He looked at her nervously. She smirked.

"I know you are hiding something. I won't say anything to him." She smiled. Marcus looked down at the cup.

"I love your son, Alice. I have for some time. I wanted him to be happy, so I never told him. And I feel like I ruined everything between everyone. If I could change time, I would. I wasn't comfortable with myself yet and everyone knows I love him. I just wanted him to be happy and live his life." Marcus opened up. Alice looked at Marcus in shock and sympathy. She hugged Marcus closely.

"I know Martha hasn't been the best mother there is but I tried my best to treat you like my own. I don't know personally how you feel but I am always here for motherly comfort. I'm glad you were able to tell me this Marcus. Tell him the truth. We only have one life to do anything. If you don't do anything, you will have a life time of regrets." She said.

Marcus laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling. Alice's words stuck on his mind. He rose up and stretched. He looked at the time to be 4:00 A.M. Marcus went to lay back down until his phone started to ring.

"Hello?" He answered. He heard heavy breathing and panting.

"Marcus! Rogues! Ronan! Gateway alley!" Is all Andrew could say. Marcus bolted up and ran to the door, shifting mid exit. He ran towards Gateway alley. He ran as fast as he could to the alley and saw the rogue wolves standing there growling. The leader of them lunged at Ronan and Marcus lept over the others and got in between them.