Alpha

Paws hitting the ground. Wind rushing through fur. Limbs of trees broke down on the ground. A predator after it's prey. Marcus ran towards the deer with all his might. He got close to it and started nipping at its legs. Andrew on the other side of it, doing the same. Marcus managed to trip the deer into falling. Andrew started to lunge at it's neck and snap it.

'Great job, Andrew. We were able to kill it with only us. I wonder how the others are doing.' Marcus said. Andrew started eating and looked at Marcus.

'Who knows. Let's just enjoy this meal right now before scavengers come.' Andrew said. Marcus started eating some of the deer. He rose and saw the others coming with other types of meat.

'That will be great for the feast tonight.' Andrew said. Foster nodded.

'In about 5 hours, we will have a new alpha.' He said, looking at Marcus. Matthew was stepping down sooner that planned due to Marcus showing more improvement and was voted into the council that he becomes the Alpha sooner.

'Its gonna feel weird address you as Alpha now. I'm so used to calling you by your name.' Andrew stated.

'You will be my delta, Andrew. No need for formalities.' Marcus stated. They began to drag the deer and animals they caught during the hunt to the pack. A few wolves gathered the food and carried it away. Marcus shifted and slipped on some clothes by the door of the pack house. He went to the Alpha quarters and knocked.

"Enter." He heard his father. Marcus walked in. Matthew looked up and smiled at his son.

"Everything okay?" He asked. Marcus closed the door and sat in the seat across from his father.

"Am I really ready to be Alpha? In six months, I went from normal wolf to Alpha. I dont feel like I am ready for this." He admitted to his father. Matthew sighed and leaned on his desk.

"No one is really ready to be Alpha. We go through so much training and preparation, but we wont actually be ready until it happens. You will make a great leader, Marcus. You've shown leadership skills since being here. The council noticed that. They know you are young, but you have a good sense of maturity to you and you love this pack. You check on everyone and make sure they dont need or want anything. Everyone has noticed and that's what makes you worthy." Matthew reassured.  Marcus smiled and nodded at his father.

"I just want to be the best that I can be for this pack. It is my new home, my new family. Hellfire is home now." Marcus said. Matthew smiled.

"I'm glad you can be able to call this home now. I know its not the same as it was in South Dakota, but this will be a perfect restart for everything for you." Matthew stated and then switched to being slightly serious.

"I need to let you know something." Matthew said as Marcus stared at him.

"There is a plan just in case something happens to this area. We have another place out to the western side, going towards Indiana. If anything happens to this area, go straight there." Matthew stated. Marcus gave him a weird look and nodded.

"We will be upping the patrols around our borders for tonight. Tonight will be a joyous occasion." Matthew stated. Marcus got up and smiled.

"It shall." He quietly said and walked out of the room. He went to his room to get some rest before the ceremony happens.

"I'm proud of you bubba. You have grown so much." He heard his sister say.

"I'm glad I can make you proud sweets." He told her. Melony appeared out of a dark room and smiled.