I'm Sorry

The next few months went by and Marcus hasn't spoken a word to Ronan. When Ronan come up to his locker, Marcus would hurry up and avoid him. Summer was coming up and all Marcus was thinking about was training his wolf. Marcus was getting stronger and everyone noticed. He was walking home to take care of his sister when he bumped into someone.

"Hey man! Watch-Dray?" He heard Judas say. Marcus avoided everyone after that night. He couldn't face them.

"JJ. How's it goin?" Marcus asked. Judas shrugged.

"I guess okay. We all miss you hanging out with us. Ronan especially. What happened man?" Judas asked. Marcus shook his head.

"Its for the best. Trust me." He said. Judas shook his head.

"No it's not Dray. He is not himself. Just talk to him. Besides summer is coming up and we want to be able to hang out with you some." Judas said. Marcus just sighed and turned his head.

"I got plans with some other friends this summer." Marcus partically lied. He was going to train more with Andrew and Foster. Judas sighed.

"Invite them! Come on Marcus!" Judas exclaimed. Marcus looked at the guy and gave a half smile.

"Maybe. I will think about it." Marcus said. Judas's eyes lite up with excitement.

"Great! Everyone will be happy about you even considering it!" Judas said, running off. Marcus laughed slightly and watched the other boy run. Marcus turned to walk home.

"Bubba! You're home! Finally!" Melony said in the other room. Marcus smiled as he closes the door.

"What did you do today?" She asked, walking in with her IV bag into the room.

"It was okay. Just a normal day." He said, setting his book bag down and sitting on the couch. Melpny walked over and sat next to him.

"Are you sure you've been okay? The past few months, you've been pretty distant." She asked, teasing him. Marcus chuckled.

"No. It's hard to get into sweets." He said.

"Is it a boy? You got a crush on someone?" She asked. Marcus shook his head.

"No. Not this time at least." He said. Melony curled up next to him.

"Say, bubba. Why dont you have any friends?" She asked. Marcus looked down at her.

"I do sweets. I'm just in a mental rut right now. Just somethings aren't going good in my head." He said. Melony sighed.

"Why haven't I met them? You never bring your friends over here." She said.

"Well, I dont want them to be blinded by your beauty. I would kill all of them!" He said jokingly. Melony whined.

"Come on bubba! Be serious!" She said. Marcus laughed st her reaction.

"I will only let the best people meet you. Maybe one day. Just not now." He said, petting her hair.

"You haven't really talked about Matthew recently either. Are yall okay?" She asked. Marcus tried to stay away from his father as much as he could now since he didn't want to accept him.

"We will be okay. He just needs time." He said. Melony popped up and looked at her brother.

"Your birthday is coming up! You're gonna be 15!" She exclaimed. He nodded.

"In a few months. I still have time." He said. Melony groaned and laid back on her brother.

"You're gonna be as old as mom before you know it! And then you will get married and have little mutts for kids!" She said, excitedly. But it only made him sad. He looked down at her, pain and sadness in his eyes. She looked up at him and smiled.