Withdrawal

Marcus and Freya walked side-by-side watching everyone work out.

"Do you think your pack would come here and be able to join?" She asked. Marcus looked at her.

"I'm not for certain. It's two packs joined as one. They do have another Alpha." He said. Freya sighed.

"I know you will have to ask him. How are things over in Salem?"

"He's devastated. I need to call your aunt later to check on him and see if everything is going according to plan." He said. He looked down to see Ash trying to fight and breathing heavy.

"Hes fighting the withdrawls. After the talk you had with him the other day, he seems determined now." Freya said.

"Theo will have to train him again and he wont be good as a medic. Have him try weaponry." Marcus suggested. Freya looked at his curiously.

"Weaponry? So you think he would do well in that?" Freya asked. Marcus nodded.

"We need him on the battle field. Honestly, he really wasnt made out to be a medic and that's fine. But he wants to be apart of this war more than anything. Have him try archery. His keen eye and fast speed will come in handy." Marcus explained. Freya blinked.

"Not a bad idea. I'll have him move to weaponry later on. He needs to build his muscles and fighting first." She said. Marcus walked further and noticed Judas training.

"He will be good for aerial attacks. With him being an angel, they work well in the air." Marcus added. Freya looked at Marcus and smirked.

"And you say you're not a good leader? You've noticed these things for only a few days." She said. He chuckled.

"I notice things that we can improve on for the war. As far as my knowledge, Vince doesn't have any creatures that can do aerial attacks." He pointed out. Freya nodded.

"That information will come in handy. Go ahead and make that phone call that you were wanting to do." Freya said, walking away from Marcus. He sighed and walked to his bedroom, staring at his phone. He finally got the courage to call Jen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jen. Its Marcus. How is he?" He asked. He was worried about Ronan's mental state through learning his death.

"Hes good. It didn't push his breaking point though." She said. Marcus was sighed heavy.

"He will get there soon. After the stunt, I thought he would've broke." He said.

"You know when he finds out, he will be devastatingly happy." She replied. Marcus knew that Ronan would be happy to see him again but it will just cause more confusion than it needed to.

"I know. But I had to. One day, it will be over." He said.

"That it will, kid. That it will." She said, hanging up the phone. Marcus looked down and groaned. He laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He rose when he heard a knock on his door.

"Enter." The door opened and Ash stood there, fidgeting.

"Marcus, can we talk?" He asked. Marcus stared at him and nodded, patting the side of the bed next to him. Ash walked over and sat.

"I'm worried. With me going through these withdrawals, what if I cant fight?" He asked. Marcus patted Ash on the back and smiled.

"You will be a great warrior. You over think things." Marcus said. Ash looked at him.

"We can't tell Ronan. It will hurt him too much. It already hurts you enough." Ash said. Marcus tensed up and looked down at the ground.

"It didn't hurt me. I just didn't know how dependent you and Judas were on us. You don't have to worry anymore, Ash. Were gonna be here." Marcus said. Ash looked at Marcus and gave him a slight smile.