Flames

Marcus hasn't been at school for a full week. He didn't want to be around anyone right now. His phone kept blowing up between his friends and father. He got tired of them calling him so he finally turned his phone off. He was staying home with his sister, helping the nurses with her medication.

"Bubba, is everything okay?" She asked. Marcus was changing out her IV bag and checking her fluids.

"Not really sweets. I just got a lot going on my mind." He told her.

"You know you can talk to me about it right?" Marcus smiled at her.

"What if I told you I like boys instead of girls?" He asked. Melony blinked and smiled.

"Then that's okay. As long as you love each other, it's fine." She said.

"So you wouldn't be upset if I did like boys?" He asked again. Melony hit her brother on the head.

"No idiot. I want you happy, even after I'm gone. You deserve happiness Marcus." She said. Marcus smiled at his sister and hugged her tightly.

"I'm honestly glad dad left. Ever since he left, things have been better. You're not getting hurt anymore and mom is not as mean to you." Melony admitted.  Marcus smiled and turned her light off.

"Night sweets. Have good dreams." Marcus said, closing her door. A knock on the front door alarmed him. He looked through the peephole and opened the door for Andrew, standing there.

"Come on. The next match is gonna start soon. This is the start of your training." He said. Marcus nodded and changed into basketball shirts and a black muscle tee. He zipped his jacket over his shirt and walked out the door, locking it. They walked until they got to a junkyard. Many teens and young adults were standing around a wall cheering. Marcus heard the snarls and growls of wolves fighting.

"Cage matches. The only good way to train your wolf." Andrew said. Marcus nodded.

"Fight till you are out." Marcus added. Marcus has been watching a few of these fights this week. They watched a large red and white wolf pin down another and won the match.

"Wow! He's tough. I hate to be the one to fight him next." A guy standing behind Marcus said. Marcus closed his eyes. Andrew looked at Marcus, patting him.

"You will be fine. There are refs for a reason. You got this." Andrew reassured. Marcus nodded and walked up to the ring.

"And we have a new comer! The heir of the Hellfire pack! Everyone let's cheer him on as he takes on the the current champ!" The announcer said. Everyone cheered. Marcus took off his clothes, hearing whistles and cheers at him as he changes into his white and gray wolf.
The red and white wolf chuckled.

'Foster. My name is Foster.' He said.

'Marcus. Let this be a good match.' They both walked away, waiting for the fire to light. Marcus took in deep breathes, channeling his inner wolf. The fire lights and the wolves charged at each other.

Foster was the first to pin Marcus, getting a hold of his fur and tearing it. Marcus bit the other's leg, having him cry out in pain and moving away. Marcus took the chance to lunge at Foster and bite the top of his neck. Foster nipped at Marcus's face and got him on the ears. Marcus pulled back and went low this time. He started to bite down at his legs and ankles. Foster stopped and threw his body at Marcus, causing him to fall to the ground. Foster bit into his muscle of the back leg, causing Marcus to howl. Marcus turned and bit down on Foster's mouth and pushed him down.

The wolves fought for what felt like hours. Andrew was on the edge of his seat, watching Marcus fight. Marcus finally got a hold of Foster's scruff and tossed him. Foster was weak from fighting all the fights tonight. He didn't get up. Marcus was panting and watched to see he would get up. Foster wasn't moving.