Run

Punching. The sound of fist and legs hitting leather echoed the room.

Marcus was hitting the punching bag with all his might. He didn't want to stop hitting the bag.

"You need to go home and get some sleep. You got your first day of high school in the morning." Foster said. Marcus stopped the bag and looked at older wolf. Foster had graduated last year and started a training for werewolves.

"Cant sleep." Marcus said coldly. Foster sighed.

"You cant wear your body out anyway. Just go home and get some rest." Foster said before turning off the lights of the gym.

Marcus grabbed him stuff and went to shower. He walked past a mirror and got a good look at him. Piercings, dyed hair, hair cut shorter. He has changed. Mentally, physically and emotionally. It's been a year since Marcus had Ronan's memories changed. Judas and Ash were constantly asking what happened but he couldn't tell them. He didn't know how to. Marcus started the shower water and stood underneath it, washing away the sweat and blood from his hands. He got out and dried off and wrapped his hands and notice a notification on his phone

R: I know it's early right now but I need to run and talk.

Marcus stared at the message and sighed. Another ping came in.

A: Really Ronan? It's 4 in the morning!

Marcus pondered. He didn't Ronan to be running out into the woods by himself. He didn't even realize the time it was. Marcus has been up for 24 hours and his body wasnt getting tired.

D: Meh I could use a run myself. Meet you at the spot in 20.

Marcus put his phone away and changed into his boxing clothes. He started boxing a year ago after he quit smoking. The stress of everything was getting to him and he was smoking more. Ronan and him made a deal to quit smoking and he has kept it. He jogged to the park and waited for Ronan. 

"Why do you put yourself through this torture?" He asked himself as he seen Ronan walking up to him. He has changed too. He got a piercing around the same time Marcus did and dyed his hair red.  Ronan also built more muscle on his body for practicing from volleyball.

"I don't get home they are still on the volleyball team." He commented. The boys started jogging towards the forest.

"Had another nightmare?" Marcus asked. Ronan nodded while concentrating on his run. Marcus eyed Ronan at the corner of his eye. He couldn't keep his eyes off of him.

"It was another bad one. They keep getting worse as time goes."

"Man, you may need some counseling given showing you've had those dreams for almost two years. And they're worsening each day." Marcus commented , getting slightly out of breathe. He knew the dreams he was having were coming true and that they seemed real. They jogged at least a mile into the forest. Marcus had told Ronan about how the forest is always calmer to run in.

"Out of the group, Dray, you seem to be the only one who understands this." Ronan stated. Marcus looked at the panting boy and  shrugged his shoulders. There was something that he hasn't told anyone.

"I can understand slightly. And I got some news. Take it be good or bad but My dad wants me to live with him since he feels like my mom can't take care of me." He said scratching at his arm and hanging his head low. Marcus finally opened up about his dad wanting him to live with him. They've been talking about it more and more recently, especially since Melony is now bed ridden and doesn't have much time left. He heard the other boy exclaim in shock.

"Do you want to live with him?! I know you gotten closer with him." Marcus shook his head. He didn't really want to because once he does, he will be in training for Alpha.