Mask

Marcus stared at the ceiling of a crimson red room. He turned over to see Ronan passed out in his bed, softly snoring. Marcus rose from his place and stares at Ronan.

"I wish I could tell you. I wish I could tell someone." He whispered. Marcus gets out of the makeshift bed and quietly exits the room. Marcus goes down stairs to get him a glass of water.

"Everything okay, Dray?" Someone asked, causing Marcus to jump and almost drop the glass of water. He turned to see Freya standing behind the bar counter.

"Jeez! Scared the shit out of me! What are you doing up?!" He scolded at her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Couldn't sleep. Haven't seen you around at school. You okay?" She asked. Marcus sighed.

"Can we talk outside? I dont want the others to hear." He said. Freya nodded and they walked outside. He looked back at her and sighed.

"Can I smoke? I'm so stressed out because of everything." He asked. Freya nodded.

"Let me have one too. It's been a while for me but I know how you feel." Freya said, holding her hand out. Marcus gave her a smoke and raised his brow.

"When did you start?" He asked as she lit the stick and inhaled.

"Bout 6 months ago. Zyra and Angel got me into in." Marcus hummed as he inhaled.

"Have you ever felt like the one thing that feels just right, no one will approve?" He said as he exhaled. Freya look at him, smoke coming out of her nostrils.

"Sort of. Does your mom not like the fact you're gay?" She asked. Marcus cackled.

"If only my mother cared about me in general. It's my dad. He doesn't want me to even think about a relationship with a guy because of lineage!" Marcus rambled. Marcus inhaled deeply, frustrated.

"So he doesn't want you with any guy at all? What does he expect? You to just throw your feelings away for a family line?" She asked. Marcus laughed.

"Yup. And it doesn't make it any better that the one person I only want to be with doesn't realize it and will never accept me!" Marcus yelled at the top of his lungs at the sky. Marcus breathed heavy, letting out the frustration.

"You have a lot of rage about this. Is that why you've been out all week?" She asked.

"Majority of it. I got some more things going on but that's the main part of it. I cant get him out of my head, Rey. It cant be a crush anymore." He said. Freya smiled.

"You really like my brother huh?" Marcus nodded.

"More than anyone thinks." Marcus said, looking up at the sky. He didn't want anyone else. He needed Ronan. And no one understood that. Not even his own father.

"Dray, why dont you admit it to Ronan already?" She asked. Marcus shook his head.

"He wouldn't accept me. I'd rather suffer than to take away his feelings or happiness." He said, sadly. Freya came and hugged Marcus tightly.

"He would be stupid enough to not accept you. Just give him time. He is going some things as well." She said. Marcus hugged her back and sighed.

"What the hell is going on here?!" A voice that made Marcus and Freya jump. They turned to see Ronan standing there, pissed. Freya went to her brother.

"Alistair this is a misunderstanding!" She screamed. Ronan didn't care at the moment. He went straight to Marcus's face.

"What the fuck is going on here Marcus?!" He yelled. Marcus put his hands in front of him.