Chapter Twenty-One: Slayer in the House

-chapter twenty-one-
____________________

"Are you ready, players?!"

[City of Ghosts-]

NAKAUPO AKO sa bintana ng isang building. Natatago ako nang dilim nito kaya hindi ako makikita. I glanced up and gave a little sigh. Our guild name was now among the top ten guilds in the kill count board. For some reason, kami pa ang ikalima.

My members only killed seven people but because of the rules, nalipat sa'min ang number of kills nila. It's been an hour kaya dapat na kaming gumalaw at magpakita. Although now, after that, we will go back into the shadows again.

That attack means that Minerva and Feyre have already met. Mukhang umayon nga ang lahat sa plano or maybe Feyre attacked first and Minerva saw her.

Lima lang kaming nasa playing field ngayon. Feyre stayed hidden in the shadows at first, looking for Minerva. Ako naman ay gano'n din ang ginawa ngunit nagtatago lang talaga at walang hinahanap. We never engaged in a fight. But we made preparations.

Minerva activated a skill early in the game. Her sound placed a mark on all players over the city, which means that the next time she'll play the song, the energy that the player spent at first will be converted into damage and weaken them. That skill requires huge MP kaya hindi muna siya makakagalaw for the first part of the game, and so she stayed hidden in the shadows at the middle of the city.

Hex is also among us. Hindi ko nga lang alam kung nasaan siya ngayon. My order for him was to look out for Minerva and Feyre, because the two of them are most likely the ones who will engage in a battle.

Voldmir, the summoner that we met back there, needs to go and find Hex. Kailangan silang dalawa ang magteam up. Voldmir can navigate easily in the city dahil dito siya madalas tumatambay. The guy can't control the creatures he summons so he needs a place where he can't hurt anyone.

Naalala ko tuloy ang pagkakakilala namin. Cerberus, the hell's guardian, was let out in the forest and went on a rampage. Kahit si Voldmir na nagsummon nito ay hindi mapaamo ang tuta niya. In the end we had to defeat the dog. Ilang ulit siyang nagsorry sa'min at nagsabi kung ano ang pwede niyang magawa dahil muntik na kaming mamatay. In desperation for members, Feyre blackmailed him into joining the group.

Priamos and Vesta are not among us. The place where they must stay was already decided. Doon sila magkikita. Vesta, as our sniper, will be our eyes. Priamos, as our tank, will be her guard. Ayokong isama sa'kin si Priamos dahil sa tangkad at laki niya. It was the same case as our members kaya doon siya kay Vesta napunta.

Ang plano lang naman talaga namin ay manatili. We didn't know that the guilds will also be decided through their kills. So we picked the safest way, input our name in the board and hide again. Kahit kami pa ang pinakahuli, ang importante ay nasa board ang pangalan namin.

A footstep. Pinikit ko ang mata. There are light footsteps behind me. Walang maririnig pero may nararamdaman ako, or it could just be Aslan helping me with my perception. Pinalabas ko siya't pinabantay sa paligid.

When the presence grew stronger, I drew out my sword and pointed it at the man. Biglang tumaas ang kamay niya and he stepped into the light. Muntik na akong masamid sa sariling laway nang makita ko kung sino 'yon. Irusu, my brother's 'bestfriend'!

"For a warrior, you can sense us scouts." aniya.

Hindi ko alam kung sasagot ako o hindi. What if he can recognize my voice?! Baka bigla siyang tumakbo papunta kay River at sabihin na nasa contest ako!