Chapter Sixty-Seven: The Element of Surprise

-chapter sixty-seven-
____________________

"A slayer and a legend. How interesting! How interesting, indeed!"

MY STATS implies that I have amazing luck. Pero bakit puno ako ng kamalasan?

"Art," wika ni Apocalypse. "Why is the Artifak's leader here?"

The fox- Art's tail flicks. "What? I can't roam around now?"

"It's just weird seeing you around. You like being kept on your chambers."

"Oh, no, no. Businessmen shouldn't just hide behind big doors, ya'know?" tumingin siya sa'kin. "And I don't regret anything because I get to see a beautiful lady."

Apocalypse snorts behind me.

"So you're Artifak's guild leader?" tanong ko na para bang hindi ko na iyon nakuha sa mga reaksiyon ng tao.

Minsan talaga humihinto na lang ang utak natin.

"Yes~" his ears twitched. "And the two of you will enter the competition, right? Ah~ I want to battle such strong opponents soon."

Where's the fairness in the world? Why do we have to win over the lord (i dunno) of this continent?

"Ah~! To imagine using my experiments on you and having blood all over you-" there was a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Especially seeing the white elf be beautifully stained."

Saan na ba si Feyre at bakit hindi niya pa kami ginugulo?

"Art."

Napabaling ako sa bagong dating. A human with dark hair walked up to us, straight and calm posture. Nakabusiness-suit siya at may dala pang pad. He also wears thin-rimmed glasses and he slightly pushed them up as he sternly looked at the fox. The fox who had a displeased look from seeing him.

"Ah. Grey."

"Tumakas ka na naman."

"Hmm? I didn't."

"Tumakas ka."

"Nope. I didn't."

He looks like he's pouting.

"Why are you even here? We need you inside and-" tumingin ito sa banda namin. He pushed his glasses up again. "Oh, I see. You made friends."

Biglang tumalon si Art pababa mula sa staff niya. He was a bit shorter than Grey but taller than me. Umikot-ikot siya sa kasamang blanko lang ang mukha bago kami itinuro.

"Grey! Don't you know them? That's Apocalypse, the legend, and Solace, the slayer!"

Para siyang batang nakakita ng candy.

"Yes. I know them."

"They're going to enter the Workshop War!"

"Really? That's great."

"We're going to go against them!"

"Wow."

Art pouted again. Wala namang pakialam si Grey at tumitig lang sa'min na parang pinag-aaralan kami. Ilang sandali ay tumango siya sa'min.

"Well then, we're off."

"Noo! Why?! Let's stay here for a while!" Art whined.

"You have things to do."

"Noo! I want to talk with the slayer!"

"Talk to her some other time."

"Noo!"