Chapter Forty-Eight: The Demon King and The Quest

-chapter forty-eight-
____________________

"What are you doing in my territory, warrior of light? How dare you disrespect my palace!"

HIS BOOMING voice made my body go cold. Kakaibang takot ang hatid niya. Much stronger than fighting with the Demon General with two hearts left. He's on another... level.

"Or something." pahabol niya.

I blinked. "Or something?"

Tumango siya. "Wanna say something cool."

"Ah."

Bigla na lang siyang umupo sa sahig. He's in human form, with horns sticking our of his head and eyes as red as crimson blood. Wearing a black and red yukata, he waved his fan with the same color in his face. There's still the undeniable fear in my body but... is this guy really the demon king?!

Tumingala siya sa'kin. "What are you doing, human? Sit down." parang naiinis pa siya.

Umupo ako dahil baka mabugahan ako bigla ng apoy. I gulped and looked at Aegeru and his dad. They both looked confused as well. Yeah right, this demon king is entirely different from the tales they've heard of.

"Are you really the demon king?" may pagdududa kong tanong.

He was waving his hand and forming a circle. Sinulyapan niya ako. "Do I not look demonic enough?"

"It's just strange..." sagot ko. "I thought you're gonna kill me instantly or something."

"I am the Demon King. And your reason is not enough."

"I mean... your demon general almost cut my head off at first meeting. And you're the king."

He clapped his hands. "Oh right! About that! Beating the fifth ranked demon general is a hard thing to achieve! Right, magus?"

"Y-Yes." Aegnus continuously nodded.

Naningkit ang mata ko. Why does it feel like he's congratulating me for killing his comrade? Wala ba siyang pakialam dito? Maybe he really is a demon after all.

"But don't misunderstand, human. I will still execute your punishment for killing my general. You are in my territory, after all," sumama ang tingin niya kaya natigilan ako. "But, let's have fun for the meantime."

Umayos ako ng upo. "Fun? W-Wait! Sandali! I came here to free Aegnu-"

"I know what you want. Let's talk about what will happen to you three later. For now, let's watch this."

A circle formed in front of us. It was like water forming and stopping mid-air. It cleared up, showing us the insides of the dungeon. I can see my comrades running about and shouting for my name. Napatingin ako sa demon king na may kinakaing chichirya.

"What is that?"

"It's showing us what's happening in the dungeon. Right now your friends are looking for you."

They reached the room where both me and Aegeru vanished. Napalinga-linga sila sa paligid. It was the room at the end of the hall. Wala nang bukas na daanan pagkatapos no'n.

Nagusap-usap sila ngunit wala akong marinig. I frowned and look at the demon king. Tinaasan niya lang ako ng kilay.

"I can't hear anything."

"Of course you can't. I'm only showing you what they're doing."

"Then, tell me what they're saying."

Natigilan siya sa pagsubo ng chip. He gave me a sideway glance. "And why should I?"

"Well, you don't expect me to listen to this! Parang TV siya na namute! Paano ko malalaman ang pinag-uusapan nila!" singhal ko.