Chapter Sixty-Six: Eastern Affairs

-chapter sixty-six-
____________________

"You're human. Like me. Like us. A human."

THERE WAS no land more alive than the Eastern Continent.

It was overwhelming. Stepping out of the portal, and watching hundreds of people flock by, lost in their own important business or looking for customers, proudly displaying their works to be brought.

The capital of trade, Sipore. Such a sight to behold.

And Feyre's already on the move, spending golds after golds.

"Hex," tawag ko sa fox priest na kinakausap ang nakakabatang kapatid. "Ang pusa mo baka mawala."

Voldmir tsked. "Nasaan na ba ang collar niyan?"

Hex just rolled his eyes and went to collect the female rogue, who upon seeing his figure tried to run away. Ngunit naunahan siya ng soro. Inilagay nito ang staff sa hood ng cloak ni Feyre, dragging the small rogue with him.

"Avi sent a message." anunsiyo ni Vesta. "She's beside the Cathedral."

"Hintayin na lang natin ang dalawa bago umalis," sagot ko habang nakatingin sa dalawang nagbabangayan sa gitna ng mga tao.

"I'm just wondering po, why do we always meet in Cathedral?" tanong ni Minerva.

"Because it's one of the famous landmarks, you dummy." sagot ni Voldmir sa kaniya.

Minerva glared at him. "Alam ko po! I was making a joke."

"Woah... You should go and become a comedian." Voldmir said in a bored voice.

I glared at the two before they can start arguing again. I'm used to it but it doesn't mean I like it happening too often. Bigla silang tumahimik at nag-iwas ng tingin, Voldmir whistling as he busied himself with what looked like gems.

Bumuntong-hininga ako at tumingin kay Priamos. The kid was already stuffing his mouth full of too much food, and it's either he made Aisling pay or the girl wanted to buy it for him. Ito talaga ang rason kung bakit sobrang chubby ng cheeks ng bata na 'to.

Sinulyapan ko si Cord sa tabi, eyes dull from staring upfront and lost in his thoughts. Tinapik ko ang balikat niya na nagpaigtad sa kaniya. Na para bang nagising sa isang malalim na pagtulog.

"He's going to be fine."

He sighed. "I doubt that. He's... He knows it already."

"He's not supposed to?"

"Well, malalaman niya din naman kahit anong mangyari dahil siya ang nasa gitna nito but..." he bit his lower lip. "I didn't imagine this situation. That Arthur would take over his body just to stop us from taking away his freedom."

Napalunok ako. I remembered Arthur. Golden eyes filled with so much regal that swims in desperation. He looked so rageful, vengeful for a... I don't even know what he is.

"Why did he act like that anyway? He seemed rogue."

"Arth is the most fucked-up game, Solace. Perfect would run away if described along it. That's why it was not supposed to be out... because it can't function."

"It's a mess."

"Tell me about it," he scoffed. "Father created a monster."

I tore my gaze off him and stared at the endless stream of people, all on their own businesses, voices so loud in the air. There was some commotion on the far back, just where the market ends and the peaceful mountain lies.