Special Chapter 2: A Day With Hiraeth

Because we reached 1000 reads, here is a special chapter!! Huhu, thank you so much for reading, voting and sharing your thoughts. ❤❤

-special chapter-
• Hiraeth •
____________________

OPENING MY eyes, the bright rays of sunlight were the first to greet me. I raised my hand to shield my eyes. I don't want to get up. The calm breeze and the soft rustles of leaves are too peaceful to leave.

But if I get up, I can see her.

My heart's silent wish won over my body's begging. I sat up and looked at the pile of trees in front of me. Below the sun's beauty lies the forest's lake and a deer is drinking on it, beside me.

Tumayo ako. I walked towards the deer and his head shot up upon noticing my presence. He glanced at me before drinking on the lake again. Napatingin ako sa tubig.

I can't believe I'm drinking the same water as these animals.

Iniwan ko siya doon at naglakad-lakad sa gubat. The birds chirped on my way, greeting me good morning. The jaguars ran beside me as people tried to capture them. I stopped. Nagtago ako sa isang puno at sinulyapan sila.

"Shit! Tulungan niyo ako dito!"

"Heal! Heal!"

"Putanginang ranger! Ranger ka ba talaga? Doon ka sa malayo! Huwag ka sa harap! Sana nagtank ka na lang!"

I tilted my head from the foreign words they're using. They also sounded a bit familiar, I heard the cat say them one time. That woman is so loud and complains every time she can. It's fortunate her skills compensate for her noise.

However, why are these people arguing with each other? And why are they killing the jaguars? I have once spent a day with the jaguars and they were sweet. They don't attack the villagers as well. But these people who came out of nowhere just began killing them.

"Keiko..."

The nine-tailed fox appeared beside me. She peeked at what I was looking as well.

"What is it Hiraeth?" she asked.

"Disrupt them so the jaguars can escape."

Her eyes stared at me for a minutes. Sumulyap ulit ako sa mga tao na nando'n. Hirap na hirap silang patayin ang tatlong jaguars. I remember my elf and her cat, they killed them easily when these guys are having a hard time.

I sighed. My elf killed the jaguars as well. May nagawa bang mali ang mga jaguars sa syudad at marami ang pumapatay sa kanila?

I glanced at Keiko who stayed in her spot. "What?"

Inismidan niya lang ako. But she still obeyed my orders. She jumped down and breathed dark flames. It burned between the men and the jaguars, making the animal escape easily. I continued walking and ignored their screams.

"Waaah! Nasaan na ang mga jaguars?!"

"Walang'ya! Malapit na sana nating matapos ang quest! Putangina!"

"Saan ba nanggaling ang apoy na 'to?!"

Why are they so confused? Fires happen on the forest often.