Chapter Thirty-One: The Visit

-chapter thirty-one-
____________________

Central Metropolis, Earth • 2071 ⁠—

"WHAT IS that?" Acrasia mouthed from outside the classroom. She was looking at the thing in my hand strangely.

"A knob." I mouthed back and continued with the tinkering.

Kumunot ang noo niya. Alam kong magtatanong siya ulit kaya hindi ko na pinansin. I can't believe that she doesn't know what a doorknob is. Well... I also didn't know about it at first. Not until I read it in a book. After all, I grew up in a world where ID cards are enough to open a door.

Thinking deeply about it, both of them aren't all that secured. Kahit ang ID cards na ginagamit namin ngayon. Although a person who doesn't have our card couldn't enter the house, they can still copy it by hacking our system. Which is pretty easy with all these advance technologies, it's all just about heightening security walls now. What more if they specialized in the field of technology.

Ang doorknob naman na hawak ko ngayon ay mabilis na masira. A simple hammer or axe can break it open. So both can be broken and one's security isn't assured to be a hundred percent.

Maybe I should have steel doors for my house when I grow up.

The class ended with me still tinkering on the doorknob. May mga naiintindihan naman ako at hindi naman ito masyadong importante sa'kin. The teacher was discussing a subject I read last night.

I was still absorbed in my own work that Acrasia had to knock the glass window twice to get my attention. She motioned for me to get out already kaya sinunod ko.

"What is it?" walang gana kong tanong.

"Your brother is looking for you. Kasama niya si Irusu sa baba. Pupunta daw kayo sa hospital." sagot niya.

Nanlaki ang mata ko. "Hospital? Bakit? Ano nangyari?"

I was already panicking but Acrasia just stared at me blankly. Si Rase na nakikinig ay tumawa at ibinalik ang atensiyon sa phone. I frowned. Bakit parang wala silang paki-alam? Someone's at the hospital and they don't care?

They might have notice the fury that appeared on my face, because Acrasia started to talk.

"Rev," tawag niya. "Today's your monthly check-up. So... you have to go and take it with your hand~some twin."

"Oh, right..." tumango ako.

I completely forgot about it with what happened last night. Naukopa no'n ang buong pag-iisip ko. Hindi nga rin ako nakakain ng mabuti kaninang umaga dahil do'n.

I bid the two goodbye and headed to the entrance of the school. Mamaya pa daw sila uuwi. Although Acrasia wanted to come with me to get a glimpse of my brother, she decided to accompany Rase in the library. 

Walking in the halls of the school, the students around me started a topic regarding the game last night. Iba't ibang reaksiyon ang nagmula sa kanila. There were people who were happy about the results. People who found it a bit disappointing. Lastly, people who doesn't really care but talks like they watched the whole thing.

Nakita ko si Irusu na naghihintay sa'kin sa labas ng kotse. May nginunguya siyang gum nang makalapit ako. Tinanguan ko lang siya bilang pagbati at pumasok sa kotse. My twin, River, was sitting on the front seat, reading something.

"Your sister just straight up ignored me." sabi ni Irusu nang makapasok.

River looked at me through the rearview mirror. "He's gonna drive us today, you know."