CHAPTER XI

Clarke returned at home exhausted when she found out she had forgotten to give the waffles to her mom. Besides for once it was her mom who pushed her away from the house, but anyway she decided to text the mother to let her know. "mum I forgot to give ya the waffles, you want me to come back??" and then she waited for a possible answer. During the wait, Clarke thought about school, I mean it started the day after, no tiny deal. She was pretty sure to be with Octavia in class, because they nearly took the same options. This year her brother would be on his last year, yeah Bellamy is a senior.

It balances quite well with the arrival of our favorite juniors. Clarke was pulled out of her thoughts by the noise of her phone. She turned the screen on and on the device you could read "Oh no no that is fine, besides I'm with my date ;)))" and Clarke was in shock, like what ? My mom is seeing someone ?? Well she decided to ask one more question, "and who's the lucky man ?" and got a direct ansewer saying "Marcus Kane" and their little conversation stopped here. Clarke took a shower and went to bed, because it was already kinda late in the night.

She didn't sleep well, she moved a lot in her bed, and woke up super sweaty at about 4 am. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep after the dream she made. Dream who caused the insomnia she was having. The more she thought about was happened in her sleep, the more she started to freak out.

I was taking my car to go home after coming back from a pub I was with my friends. I had drink a few beers but no big deal, so I wasn't really drunk. The ride home would have been around 20 or 25 minutes. But I had to take the highway to reach the house.

The route was really empty, maybe one or two cars. I was going really fast, way more faster than the authorized speed limit. But I still pushed the accelerator, making the car go faster and faster. When suddenly everything turned white and blurry. I heard someone shout my name and the secpnd after that, it was like I was expulsed again what felt like a wall. I woke up out of nowhere and the last things I saw was my father's face with a lot of blood on it. He whispered "it is all your fault Clarke". And then, nothing more...

Clarke looked at her phone and it was only 4am and she knew that she'll not be able to sleep again. So she woke up and took a shower after the terrible nightmare she had.

The class started at 8am and normally she would have go to school at 7:30am but as she was already awake and she had nothing to do, she decided to move out earlier. She made herself a breakfast by adding fried eggs to the waffles she had forgotten to give to Abby. The blonde went to wash her teeth, took her key and go to school by foot (because she has no car).

The walk to the college was really nice, because of course the streets were empty, because it was around 6:40am so nobody was outside. And also because it was actually surprisingly hot for a September morning. It took her around 20min to arrive in front of the biggest building of the university. The campus was really huge, with a lot of building, and with trees in a park everywhere around. She had already received her timetable by mail so she wasn't really stressed out about having to find her class or the first room.

As a consequence, she just decided she would sat in the hall and wait for her friends to arrive. And so she did, she opened the two huge wooden door of the main building. There were only a few students in the hall, probably nerds or weird people thought Clarke. Most of them were reading a book, except one. A lot of laughters came from an edge of the main room. It was Murphy ! The blonde was really glad to at least know someone here, but a little less glad that the only one she knows were the dickhead of the room's edge who was making really loud laughing noises.

But she ignored that fact and went to find her friend. It took a long time to John to recognized Clarke, it was obviously too early to be capable of doing something intellectual. Clarke broke the silence first "Hey Murphy don't you have a home or something, it is like 7am" and the blonde found her punchline funny. John didn't. "Screw you Griffin, and no my mom dropped me early, and you ? To what I owe the pleasure to see you in this early morning ?" he asked, with a very obvious satirical tone. "Yeah sorry, well I couldn't sleep..." she offered but John directly asked, "The same one again ?". Of course it was the same one again.

As two good or nearly best friends would do, they talked about it. Clarke explained again her dream, or should I say her nightmare. And like each time she told her story, the same story each time, Murphy was really understandable, and he adviced her maybe to talk with a psy or a professional about it. The two students spent the next hour speaking about things and other things. Clarke wanted to talk about Lexa but knowing John it would be a bad idea since he likes to make fun of the young blonde. They continued until her best friend arrived with Bell. Octavia was here. Everybody checked their timetable. Only but also luckily O was in the same class as Clarke. But as time flies, everyone needed to go to their first class.