CHAPTER XXXVI

The both of them were in the elevator when Clarke felt two strong arms around her shoulder. It was Lexa. Lexa hugging. It felt so strange to finally feel her on her body, and not in dreams... The brunette opened her door and both of them entered. Her flat was pretty small, but very well welcoming and well decorated, it reminded Clarke of the first time she entered Lexa's house when the latter was drunk... 'Oh good old times' she thought. She was brought back to reality when she heard Lexa dropping her keys on the wooden table. Between them, there were some casual conversations during when Lexa was cooking pastas for her.

After she was done, she came back, and saw Clarke absorbed by the view. The blonde was sitting by the window. All those lights shining in the dark night among New York, felt kind of heaven-like. Once again Clarke was amazed by the never-sleeping city, that she couldn't believe she was here. Lexa found her admiration cute as she herself was oftenly absorbed by the amount of life on Times Square by night. But the wise saying of her girl were running in her head, it was time for them to talk seriously, like the adults they were (not). The brunette coughed to get Clarke's full attention.

"Okay, first I'm really sorry Clarke, I've never imagined that I broke you that much... oh god... I'm such an asshole... You seriously don't deserve me... Well so, I had to leave because Finn has been threatening me to first, go to the cops to press charges against me, and secondly, he said that if I didn't left town, he would harassed you and Raven... He said a lot of bad things about you two, like burning your houses...rapes... And so as I didn't want you to suffer because of this asshole and as I wasn't even able to protect you from this crazy bastard... I took the coward exit...

Because I knew you would be better without me, because you are strong... But Clarke, listen to me, I am beyond sorry for having been wrong, I feel horrible knowing all the things you did to try to find me, even though I had left you... I'm sorry Clarke... What I shitty person I am... But now that you are here, I promise I'll do better, I'll help you with the depression, I'll take care of you, and this time, I promise I will not let you down ever again." Clarke was listening to every single word the brunette said, but she wasn't able to respond.

The brunette noticed it and tried to help her to speak, somehow desperate in her voice. "Please say something" To that Clarke knew she had to answered. "I, hum..." but that was all. Lexa, who was definitely ready to fight for her beloved who has just returned, said something more. "Clarke will you accept my help, I promise from the bottom of my heart that I'll never abandon you ever again-" and she got cut by the blonde who quickly added, "Lexa, if you do it again-" and Clarke was at her turn cut by the brunette. "I won't Clarke" (Lexa kneeled right in front of her, under this shiny New York night)

"Clarke Griffin, I vow to treat your needs as mines, I vow to be here when you need me, to help you, to be there for you, to take care of you. I vow to love you again Clarke if you let me" And Clarke extended her hand to help Lexa to rise. Their bodies were pretty close to each other and Clarke slowly and very softly pressed her lips against Lexa's soft one. That was it. The magical forces were back around them, as if they never left. The kiss was shy at first and it got more passionate. Passionate as they were soulmates if one was allowed to say. They splited up to regain a normal oxygen level and Clarke whispered to her :

"I let you Lexa Woods, I let you love me again" and they kiss a second time. It felt SO GOOD to both of them to finally feel each other in real. "What are we doing now ?" Lexa asked shyly, she didn't want to pressure the blonde in anyway. "Why don't you take me to bed, I'm tired" Clarke said. Lexa imagined there was something hidden behind those words and Clarke saw it so she added with a mocking tone "Dork" and she jumped right into Lexa arms, who almost lost any balance when she received this enormous wild loving animal into her arms.

They both changed and went to bed. The light was off, but neither of them could really sleep, the mood was a bit tense in the room. Of course Clarke could hear that the girl next to her was crying. "What's wrong ?", and she answered "Nothing...Well can we hug ? I miss it..." and Clarke chuckled before going to hug Lexa. Her cheeks were still wet, but Clarke couldn't contain herself to joke over her. "What about the Niylah girl huh ?" and Lexa laughed too. "Hug me already Devil Griffin !" and both of them laughed a little more.

They both soon fall asleep, at peace and happy, which hadn't happened for either of them since a very long time. Tomorrow Lexa would like to introduce her to her friend, and to show her her new life in New York. It was really something she needed to do, to include the blonde in her life since she really wanted to spend the rest of this life with her. On the other Clarke, was super looking forward to discover everything about her, discover what she was doing as a job, her friend, her lifestyle, because as the brunette she really wanted to spend the rest of this life at her side.